Electronic Arts - Six Good Years at EA | Glassdoor

"Six Good Years at EA"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with some of the strongest software in the video games industry was an absolute pleasure. After departing for business school after six years in marketing and sales, I cannot say enough about the atmosphere and enthusiasm that EA has developed.

Cons

Many that I worked with expressed a sense of disenfranchisement resulting from a decision making process driven by mid-upper management.

Advice to Management

Empower those that are closest to the information to make the decisions

Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Arts

"Sad"

Pros

Working on video games is fun!

Cons

Poor work-life balance, compensation, and management.

Advice to Management

Even though many people want to work in games, investing in employees (rather than viewing them as disposable) would help the stock.

2. "Disaster in hiring senior execs"

Current Employee - Senior QA Director in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior QA Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Huge company has many cultural "zones". I used to be in a high performing team full of motivated engineering colleagues win a high level of pride in what we did.

I knew a lot of great developers and managers that loved their game or feature team at EA, and stayed forever. There are surely some good spots in the company, but beware its a mixed bag, YMMV

Cons

Upheaval in senior executives brought is a horrible phase in 2011-2012 that drove out literally half of my engineering org due to bozo leadership. I have read that a pair of top execs responsible for a lot of this disaster have moved on, so maybe that's a past issue now.

Advice to Management

Don't wield the big hammer of fear, respect your teams. Relax the ship date obsession, products should be great above shipping on time. Watch valve do this well.