Electronic Arts - Program Manager | Glassdoor

"Program Manager"

Pros

Fun company, encourages employees to take time and get to know company products (i.e. it's ok to play games on company time to get to know the product), year-end holiday party is absolutely a blast, CEO and his directs hold quartertly town hall meetings and you get a chance to ask any question

Cons

No meaningful process in place to deal with bad leaders (work for a manager who routinely disparages others, makes inappropriate sexually themed jokes, and bullies suborindates)

Advice to Management

Consider creating an ombudsman role and having it report directly to the CEO

Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Arts

1. "Very well-taken care of"

Current Employee - Audio Director
    Current Employee - Audio Director

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent compensation and recognition of hard work. Surprisingly tight relationships and productive collaboration across studios despite the size of the company. A huge amount of support and resources available with an enormous mind-share of any topic you're involved in. Very supportive of LGBT employees and causes. Everyone is highly committed to making the best games and making players happy, despite our reputation. The amount of support for RIF'd employees is amazing.

Cons

Corporate hand-wringing and nonsense decisions to make shareholders happy still exists, and it can be extremely frustrating at times. It seems to make the company a little too risk-averse and I think we sometimes miss opportunities because of it.

Advice to Management

Show more patience with the free-to-play market and don't be in such a hurry to tear down the walls if results aren't immediately apparent.

2. "Fun, but could be disorganized"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Electronic Arts as a contractor

Pros

I liked EA. I met a lot of fun people and did some interesting work, The campus at Redwood Shores is beautiful.

Cons

High management was not really sure what it's strategy was while I was there, so a lot of projects were fairly disorganized. Little space to move up in the organization.