Cover image for Electronic Arts

Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Great First Job

Nov 27, 2022 - Associate Animator
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Maxis as a contract animator - I always felt like everyone was happy with their job. I was sad to leave because it was such a healthy work environment.

Cons

Being my first job, I really wanted an in person studio experience. Due to COVID, this isn't something they could've changed, but I think it would've made the new animators feel closer. If you're not on the same team as someone, you never see them. I 'worked with' animators who I never spoke with for over a year.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good Time

Feb 2, 2023 - Software QA Tester in Baton Rouge, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote at the time, Good Pay, easy workload, great team.

Cons

Work could be tedious from time to time, equipment occasionally faulty.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Game Team acquired by EA

Feb 6, 2023 - Development Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Pay (increased) * my small game team was acquired by EA, they let us continue to conduct business as usual

Cons

* Upon Acquisition: The amount of numerous (and usually unnecessary) "on-boarding" meetings was overwhelming and generally effected productivity due to the entire team attending (mandatory). Worse than that, team members were scheduled at different times throughout the day / week. * We were a mobile game company upon being acquired. A few months later they drastically reduced our team size due to the 'entire EA mobile division' finances / budget. To their credit, they did allow 3 weeks to find another within the company. Unfortunately I found one, but the job posting was incorrect and ultimately by the time the Finance department realized it I was out of time (short version: I was to be remote on another team but at the last minute they said the job posting should have never been listed as remote and California pay vs that location was too high ...even though I offered to take the pay decrease anyways)

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Electronic Arts.

Electronic Arts Photos