Electronic Data Systems - Sold Out | Glassdoor

"Sold Out"

I worked at Electronic Data Systems full-time

Pros

Nice work home life separation

Cons

Sold the company to HP

Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Data Systems

1. "Not a good place"

Current Employee - Client Executive in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Client Executive in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you get very lucky, you might get to work for a leader who can motivate, mentor and inspire the staff. You can actually learn a lot from such a leader. We had a few in the past at EDS, but most have gone. With the good leader, along comes opportunities for various experiences, training and even promotion.

Cons

There are very few good leaders at EDS. Even in the past, when we had a few, the more senior ranks were awful.

Advice to Management

Ross Perot envisaged a dynamic business excelling at providing I T Services and an inspirational place to work. We have become a financial juggling company that doesnt care, despite the bull, about the customers or the staff. It is all about numbers. As an I T Services company, if we offered excellence, we would grow and be profitable. As it is, we offer financial juggling, deliver as little as possible for as much as possible and pay our staff as little as we can. I guess by offshoring and keeping our prices rock bottom, we are the Wal Mart of the industry. No quality, good price.

2. "Final Year"

I worked at Electronic Data Systems full-time

Pros

Company was filled with incredible experience from the many years of selling and running outsource technology services

Cons

Company was readying for an acquisition by HP. Investments were cut and the legacy culture which was eroding since the mid 2000s, was rapidly losing its center.