Electronic Data Systems - Not the outsourcing giant it used to be. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems

"Not the outsourcing giant it used to be."

Current Employee - Infrastructure Specialist in Telford, England (UK)
Current Employee - Infrastructure Specialist in Telford, England (UK)

Pros

Money can be ok if you get in on a decent salary.

Cons

Management is terrible. Internal jobs opportunities are poor and often filled before they're advertised.

Advice to Management

Get your act together and get some training on how to actually manage things.

Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Data Systems

1. "Nice place if you'd like to 'disappear for a while'"

Current Employee - Infrastructure Specialist in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Infrastructure Specialist in Birmingham, England (UK)

Pros

It's a very large company and there are (were) a number of very large blue chip clients which are serviced by EDS and look very impressive on the C.V. There are a number of sites to work from and travel to client sites isn't always necessary. There are a number of interactive and remote working tools which allow the job to be done independently if geography.

Cons

Can be very bureaucratic to work there, with days of forms to fill in, many hoops to jump through to even get simple office stationary ordered. Sudden expenditure restrictions which strangle the business to such a degree that even everyday tasks are impossible to do. In such instances EDS starts to 'freewheel', with employees 'grinning and bearing' and forced to work in a restrictive way which prevents them working to their best.

Unfortunately this is more and more frequent in recent years and despite the recent good financial returns posted, no benefits have filtered down to most employees.

Advice to Management

When continually balancing spreadsheets take a moment to consider the common employee. Those who need to deal with the twists, turns, and obstacles you are continually throwing in their paths. Take a moment to reconsider the whole before sending out that email to all telling them to 'tighten belts'. Flowery free flowing rhetoric can still be empty and hollow if it's oft repeated.

2. "I Love Working for EDS"

Current Employee - Information Specialist
    Current Employee - Information Specialist

Pros

I feel that I my salary is excellent. I know I would not get this amount anywhere else.

Cons

Time to complete training. We have a lot of online courses we can take, but when we are on billable projects we just don't have enough time to complete courses.

Advice to Management

I have no comment at this time.