Electronic Data Systems - EDS: Opportunity and Flexibility for anyone willing to put in a little work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems

"EDS: Opportunity and Flexibility for anyone willing to put in a little work"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Plano, TX

Pros

Changing jobs after hire (parallel moves) - If you can prove you can do the job, they'll give it to you. How you got the skills isn't important.
At managers option, work arrangments can be very flexible. Getting the work done and meeting deadlines is more important than what time I arrived in the morning, or even where I was when I did the work.

Cons

It's big. A lot of jobs are getting moved overseas. The pending merger with HP could be interesting.

Advice to Management

Thanks, for providing a company where someone could come in to a telecommunications position that was so entry level, it didn't require any training, and work their way up to become a successful and respected designer in only 5 years. It's great having a job where I don't count the days until Friday and don't get depressed on Sunday evening. Of course I'm a graphic designer. Getting paid to draw pictures (even if it's just an org chart) is a very fun way to make a living.

Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Data Systems

1. "Decent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Pontiac, MI
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Pontiac, MI

Pros

The ability to change roles/projects and learn many new technologies all within the same company

Cons

How staff reductions are enforced.

Advice to Management

That people are important assests to be counted and not to reduce staff solely based on numbers but by looking at skills of employees. If there is a person who is underperforming but assigned to a project, reduce that person and give a solid or better employee their role who is not assigned to a project.

"The 1st and worst place to work at..."

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Rancho Cordova, CA

Pros

I can't think of any right now -- too depressing

Cons

management that is weirded out, discouraging, and an avid consumer of talent...the problem is like any predator, it eats it's young.

Advice to Management

cut the fat -- there is way too much middle management. With the middleware layer comes petty kingdoms, confusing sexual identities, wanton disregard for the people under you and a definitive lack of comms for the troops. I don't want to
    hear how Ross or you did it back in the day...I want to know how to do it so I can feed my family.