Electronic Data Systems - EDS: Opportunity and Flexibility for anyone willing to put in a little work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems

"EDS: Opportunity and Flexibility for anyone willing to put in a little work"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Plano, TX

Pros

Changing jobs after hire (parallel moves) - If you can prove you can do the job, they'll give it to you. How you got the skills isn't important.
At managers option, work arrangments can be very flexible. Getting the work done and meeting deadlines is more important than what time I arrived in the morning, or even where I was when I did the work.

Cons

It's big. A lot of jobs are getting moved overseas. The pending merger with HP could be interesting.

Advice to Management

Thanks, for providing a company where someone could come in to a telecommunications position that was so entry level, it didn't require any training, and work their way up to become a successful and respected designer in only 5 years. It's great having a job where I don't count the days until Friday and don't get depressed on Sunday evening. Of course I'm a graphic designer. Getting paid to draw pictures (even if it's just an org chart) is a very fun way to make a living.

Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Data Systems

"The 1st and worst place to work at..."

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Rancho Cordova, CA

Pros

I can't think of any right now -- too depressing

Cons

management that is weirded out, discouraging, and an avid consumer of talent...the problem is like any predator, it eats it's young.

Advice to Management

cut the fat -- there is way too much middle management. With the middleware layer comes petty kingdoms, confusing sexual identities, wanton disregard for the people under you and a definitive lack of comms for the troops. I don't want to
    hear how Ross or you did it back in the day...I want to know how to do it so I can feed my family.

2. "For better or worse, EDS"

Current Employee - Infrastructure Specialist in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Infrastructure Specialist in Herndon, VA

Pros

EDS has a lot of good people working for it. I have only worked on one EDS project, but I dont think that EDS' appreciates some of the good people that they have working for them.

Cons

I felt as if I have been jerked around with communication. I was given the opportunity to move into a different postion and was promised a pay raise. After 6 months I have seen nothing. My org just moved to another org and I just had my PMP and it looks like I might now get a raise only a year after I was promised something.

Advice to Management

Make people feel like they are appreciated. I'm not sure how they can do this, but sometimes I do not feel appreciated as a valued employee.