Electronic Data Systems - Plenty of reasons to work for EDS | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems

"Plenty of reasons to work for EDS"

Current Employee - Senior Information Specialist in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Senior Information Specialist in Plano, TX

Pros

EDS is a large corporation which provides stability and plenty of career opportunities. If you are inclined it can be easy to move within the company, to experience different job roles and to advance your career. For IT professionals the merger with HP can be expected to provide plenty of new career opportunities within HP.
Salary and compensation have always been reasonable.

Cons

The current merger with HP is expected to result in layoffs for US based staff. However it is expected that the merger with HP will also include plenty of opportunities for EDS staff to transfer to other roles within HP if they desire.

Advice to Management

Attempt to diversify to other revenue sources.

Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Data Systems

1. "Company advise."

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

Pros

It is a big company. You can work almost anywhere in the world and there are other positions internally

Cons

Sometimes you are just a number. Benefits department gives multiple answers to the same question, most of which have been wrong.

Advice to Management

Listen to suggstions of those who report to you. If their iddas are good, reward them and not take the credit for yourself. Stop "off shoring" work.

"Great company morphs to mediocre company."

Current Employee - Information Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Information Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Widely waried jobs functions. I have worked for EDS for almost 20 years. I have worked on Mainframes, UNIX midrange and INTEL-based Windows machines. I have been a C Programmer, a UNIX System ADMIN and a Database Administrator. I seems that there is are ever-changing opportuinies.
    Time for learning and growing. Many opportunities if you are willing to move. I have been treated fairly by my management when I have had personal issues. A death in family did not cause concern when I was out for days. I can flex my time around my son's schedule when needed, and there is no hassle.

Cons

There seems to be a constant re-organization of functional groups and executives. Strongly frown on working from home, even though it benefits the employee and EDs. I think my compensation is not where it should be anymore. I looked at professors' salaries at a Public College in my area and found that most professors in CS were making 30% more than me. When I earned my Masters this was not the case. At this point, EDS has very few opportunities to be promoted for the average working stiff. All of their customers want premier support at Wal-Mart prices. Most people I work with do not feel proud to be EDS anymore, although when we started 20 years ago it was a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Give us a focus and stick with it! There are too many middle managers that do not know what they are doing. Also, we need to hold our customer accountable for what they are demanding us to do. I am working many hours over, and get zero recognition from the EDS account people ( I am in a leveraged organization) and the end customer just demands, and the managers are not willing to set the expectation realisticaly.