Elemental Technologies - Cutting edge technology company, could use more direction and organization. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Elemental Technologies

"Cutting edge technology company, could use more direction and organization."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Elemental Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers and culture, a culmination of brilliant minds. This company is on the cutting edge of video processing and streaming and is overcoming even much bigger competitors for this reason. Company offers great benefits and pays insurance premiums for all employees

Cons

Company is in dire need of stronger direction and overall better management. Current management in-place has 'overall poor performance' and room for improvement. It's easy to get delayed by others because of this lack of direction, and the saying "blame goes downhill" very much holds true.

Advice to Management

Create distinct departments and processes and stick by them, don't create blur and confusion regarding what an employee or department is supposed to be doing at any given time. I know this is characteristic of start-ups, but I have seen it handled better even among smaller start-ups.

Other Employee Reviews for Elemental Technologies

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Elemental Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart team
    Excellent compensation
    High-potential industry
    Growing company
    Leadership is exemplary

I believe the few negative reviews on this site are from low-performers that don't belong to the organization.

Cons

I recently joined and maybe I will change my mind later, but as of today I don't see any significant cons.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on :)
    Senior management is excellent!

"Bait and Switch: Toxic Harassment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Elemental Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent compensation, but not worth the environment that provides it.

Cons

A very different environment was presented to me in the interview than what was reality. Despite being told that Amazon's (which had acquired Elemental) environment probably wouldn't take hold, I found myself solidly on a team that had the environment you read about in the news.

Constant attempts to coerce me into throwing coworkers under the bus ...

Attempts at forcing me to take on roles that I had no skills in (and had communicated in the interview that I had no interest in taking), while being belittled when I requested more training ...

Being told I should just work more hours and to "just figure it out" if I wanted to catch up to these unrealistic expectations (after being told in the interview the company only expected me to work 40-hour weeks) ...

Constant belittling and insults ...

Not every team has this problem. But ask hard questions in the interview about management style and watch the response. I wish I'd paid closer attention to the red flags that presented themselves in the interview.

I do not regret walking away. I do regret not listening to the red flags that were in the interview.

Advice to Management

See above.