Elements Therapeutic Massage - Great for part-time only | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Elements Therapeutic Massage

"Great for part-time only"

Current Employee - Sales/Client Service Specialist
Current Employee - Sales/Client Service Specialist

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay for a part-time position
Easy-to-learn job responsibilities
Free monthly massage
Clean, warm atmosphere
Supportive management/ownership

Cons

Not enough hours for part-timers
Not enough sales/bonus opportunities
No opportunity for advancement
No benefits for full-time employees
Inconsistent training

Other Employee Reviews for Elements Therapeutic Massage

"Not a fun work place"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free massages were the only perks.
    great job for a starting off massage therapist everyone else that works there no one cares about

Cons

You have ALOT of down time
    no advancement
    owner was always there. and also had something to tell you that you did wrong
    No benefits, even though when hired they say you have them
    Time off... your dreaming, your called constantly and told when you should take vacation and when you dont your not granted it when you want it.

"A good place to work in a busy member-driven massage studio."

Current Employee - Massage Therapist
    Current Employee - Massage Therapist

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Elements is a busy massage studio that provides the linens, tables, oils, and marketing. The therapists just need to come in on time, wear a uniform, be neat, etc, and they are usually kept busy doing massage. There is a $10 per hour back up pay, if for some reason (new therapist or new studio) you are not busy--this usually doesn't kick in though. Elements does what it can to encourage good tips, which is really important. The studio is generally a nice facility. They usually keep us busy with massages.

Cons

You can earn a lot more working on your own IF you have the clients. You're working for someone else, so you have to follow the rules. I'm not keen on the way they schedule the massages--I would prefer more time in-between clients. We do 55 minute massages which have 20 extra minutes built in, which is fine, but the 80 minute massage only has 10 minutes built in to turn over the room, write up notes, and get ready for your next client. Clearly not enough time! It is sometimes problematic trying to get time off. Sometimes staff turnover can be upsetting. You are at the mercy of the owner when it comes to buying new equipment, cleaning (there used to be someone who cleaned weekly--now we have to do it), taking time off. It's frustrating to think members are paying $69 per 55 minute massage while I get paid so much less! I started at a pay rate of $17 for a 55 minute massage, and now after a year and a half, I am earning $19. Non-members pay even more. Doing 4 or 5 massages a day is tiring, and you really need to take care of yourself. We are supposed to get 1 free massage a month, but they make it really hard to schedule, so most of us don't get one, unless the office is really slow and 2 therapists are not booked. There is no health insurance or other financial benefits.

Advice to Management

The therapists are your bread and butter. You should appreciate them more. When equipment is broken, you should fix it right away. You don't want therapists to burn out--make it easier for them to schedule their massages, and don't try to push them to do more than 5 massages a day. There should be more time built in to an 80 minute massage. Don't expect them to come in early or stay late to vacuum the studio--have someone else do it after hours. The studio looks unprofessional when the vacuuming doesn't get done. If the studio is doing well, a little bonus or some kind of profit sharing would be nice.