Elementum - Fantastic high-growth company | Glassdoor

"Fantastic high-growth company"

Current Employee - S/W Engineer in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - S/W Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elementum full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exciting space, fast growth - in the past year, revenue has doubled, we've added some huge new global brand-name customers, and we opened a second engineering office (this one's in Buenos Aires!)
The people are friendly and the leadership is down-to-earth. And it's a pet-friendly office!!

Cons

Things change REALLY QUICKLY. Sometimes is seems like if you go on PTO for 2-weeks, you are coming back to a different company!

Advice to Management

Senior mgmt should spend more time with the engineers and other individual workers so they don't become too out of touch with those on the front lines as we grow.

Other Employee Reviews for Elementum

"Great people, amazing opportunity, but some growing pains"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elementum full-time

Pros

Unbelievable opportunity to be part of the next multi-billion dollar SaaS leader. The number of customers that have signed multi-year multi-million dollar contracts in just a few years is crazy.

The people are great, fun and down-to-earth ("lighthearted" in the Elementum vernacular), and really go out of their way to help each other, even when they are busy.

Cons

The management and HR "infrastructure" hasn't developed as fast as the company has grown, and they are only now starting to work on clarifying levels, titles, career development paths, etc. Everyone here is well-intentioned, but it's well past time to grow up in these areas -- still lots of first-time managers who don't really know how to manage, people managing huge teams of 14-18 people, etc. It seems like things are moving in the right direction, but it's a startup and there's always some crisis or urgent issue that distracts from these things.

Advice to Management

Hire some real managers who know how to manage people. Or if you want to keep promoting non-managers into managers, get them some real training & coaching.

"Very positive outlook!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elementum full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great vision and opportunity in the market
    - Sales is closing HUGE deals with well-known companies
    - Casual work environment w/ pets and catered lunches
    - Leadership is very approachable and shows appreciation for good work

Cons

- I think the company culture had some tough times in 2015 (before I joined), but it seems to have bounced back and is very good now
    - Engineering sometimes overestimates it's abilities, but is getting better about being realistic

Advice to Management

- Be careful not to grow too fast.
    - Ensure proper expectations are being set with customers so we can avoid being in a reactive mode