Elementum - Best wishes to Elementum | Glassdoor

"Best wishes to Elementum"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Elementum full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Challenging topics and problems to solve. Supply chain industry is very interesting. Solving these real problems gives you sense of achievement Talented, humble and friendly engineers. Low quality free lunch Used to have very good immigration policy Tech stacks are state of the art and popular for the market Engineering in Argentina is doing great Nice office building

Cons

Lots of talented people left in the past year Limited training fund available to employees Hiring decisions are not always fair nor merit-based.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed my time at Elementum in the past two years. Best wishes to you all.

Elementum2019-06-11

"It is about time to have a review from a current employee."

Current Employee - Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elementum full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good benefit, competitive salary, lots of extra perks and yes our lunches are really amazing.

Cons

Managment takes too long to let under performing employees go. I hope they change that behavior immediately. Here is an example: We had a very weak People Success team for a long time who hired really badly, and as a result of their poor hiring, lots of tier C and D employees were working at Elementum in the past year. I remember having several conversations during our lunches with many of my teammates to find out... that lots of them never kept their jobs for more than 1 year. Now, I see many complainers giving Elementum bad reviews but in reality, those former teammates who are writing the vast majority of these past reviews needs to digest that most of you were performing bellow average and that is probably the main reason why most of you are no longer working with at Elementum. Plain and simple.

Advice to Management

Keep being honest with us, I enjoy the return of our weekly all hands meetings where all the Upper Managment team have been consistently transparent about our goals, product, sales, finance and other interesting topics. Yes we had some layoff but so does other companies in Silicon Valley. The vast majority of people who stayed are happy, very productive and still believe in our mission. I hope our CEO do not get... distracted with these hateful reviews from people who don’t even work at Elementum anymore. Until last year his approval rate was 98%. Honestly, I don’t think he had changed much. These waves of bad review definitely does not reflect the CEO true leadership and company’s reality

Elementum2019-02-16

"Keep looking elsewhere"

I worked at Elementum full-time for less than a year

Pros

Product is aimed at solving ambitious challenge with big TAM. In Mountain View you could be offered Silicon Valley level comp and perks (but don't get excited too fast: a proper discount is embedded in the low quality of experience and poor job security). Some people find it cool to have blue chip companies as customers.

Cons

Product-market fit is not found, which is a bit overdue. Company has lost times more customers than it has retained. Long implementation time and feedback loop. With product being sold in 3 year deals, value to the client is realized only many months into the contract, if at all. High management turnover. Chances are, you'll get to work for a person with small tenure who is still figuring stuff out, not... trusted by top management, looks for her/his own next gig elsewhere and has no incentive for investing in you. There is no basis for expecting a consistent culture. Personality and skill set of the CEO. Nader is charismatic and probably personally responsible for all revenue company has. Without relationships he built with customers there is probably no company. However, resulting confidence in his own judgement could be getting in the way of hearing other people and making best decisions for the company.

Advice to Management

There is potential for Board to find a way to light a bigger fire under Nader. CEO and COO could benefit from getting professional help on enabling managers to do their jobs and hiring the right people. It also makes sense to consider further scaling down and getting out of high cost locations - you need more runway to figure out what are you doing.

Elementum2019-09-03

Discover more reviews about Elementum.