Cover image for Elevance Health

Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great job

Nov 18, 2021 - Health Advocate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great compensation, positive work environment & supportive management

Cons

Not many, could benefit from more paid leave

8 people found this review helpful

Elevance Health Response

TA Programs Coordinator Sr.

We’re happy to hear you enjoy working at Anthem. Thank you for your review!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent company, good work/life balance, well compensated, good benefits, great training

Nov 28, 2022 - Nurse Case Manager I
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with the company for 3 months and while I had experience in my specialty, I came into the Nurse Case Manager I position with no previous CM experience. Once on board, I was enrolled in an excellent systems/company CM training program followed by a specialty specific CM training program, both were well done and very informative. My manager and team lead are very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. They held my hand and walked with me through my training, I never felt like I was being dragged along. I do not feel micromanaged at all. They provide encouragement and constructive criticism but as long as I'm getting the job done and remain in compliance, they allow me the freedom to work my schedule and case load as I see fit. The company promotes a good work/life balance and stands behind that in many ways. I feel very fairly compensated and my benefits, including PTO, are very good. I was nervous about making the switch from bedside care to a remote CM position, but I'm very glad I took the risk and foresee being with Elevance for a very long time as there are many options for advancement or career alternatives.

Cons

My only "con", if I could even call it that, is that I wish my position offered flex time scheduling. My hours are very static (8:30am - 5:30pm) and even though my mgr/team is very generous about allowing time for appts, etc. I would love to be able to start earlier/ finish earlier in the day and/or the option to work four 10hr days instead of five 8 hour days.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee

No work life balance- 80 hour weeks with not one dollar more for overtime

Nov 12, 2022 - Appeals Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers and decent benefits.

Cons

They will work you to death. Turn over is high but management does not care or bother to ask. They will not change their processes but instead keep chaotic dysfunction and expect nurses to “save” cases from deadlines (appeals and PDR). The production expectation is only possible in a 10-12 hour day not 8 so you are expected to do that. Don’t offer overtime pay or value you, your family or time. Been doing this roles for years and worked at different insurances. How they manage to not go out of compliance with every case or how they are still in business is beyond me. You literally have to send 10 emails “begging” a doctor to review your speciality case because they don’t have enough MD’s and won’t hire more “due to costs.” Once you lose more nurses you can’t take any PTO “due to business needs” ie you’ve treated your staff terribly and they deserve better so they leave and the remaining nurses drown in cases and are expected to work 12 hour days. Trust me when I say don’t do it. It’s not worth it and no amount of money can ever make it worth it when they take your soul.

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Elevance Health.

Elevance Health Careers

Cover image for Elevance Health

Digital and Technology professionals at Elevance Health drive the future of health care, delivering innovative and reliable solutions that...More

• Veterans