Cover image for Elevance Health

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Undeveloped leaders

Sep 24, 2022 - Senior Manager, Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home is a pro.

Cons

The expectations I had of associates with leader titles had to be reset comparative to other organization I have worked with. They do not place a focus on leadership development. I would see new leaders struggle, and then saw their leader unequipped to coach them. It is systemic. Leaders are unable to tie their strategy to the tactical work that is performed, so the strategy only exists in powerpoint. This is true across all levels in the organization that I interact with. The leaders are not willing to fund the projects that need to take place in order to modernize and automate. Large initiatives are tied to unsupported desktop solutions, rather than to IT solutions. They are not Agile in the space that I am in. Efforts are managed using a fire drill/shotgun hybrid approach. I haven't seen this work effectively, but they keep trying.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Costumer service Rep

Dec 7, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can keep going up , as long as you were doing good

Cons

more trainings for the new employed

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good benefits, metrics kinda suck

Nov 29, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) II in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really like working from home, especially with the price of gas! The benefits are nice, insurance is fairly cheap, and I’ve done really well in most things. I thought the training was fine for the most part (and thank god for the help desk and chat starting out). Working on a holiday, you get 2.5x pay, plus PTO to use on a day of your choosing.

Cons

It’s just aggravating that your bonuses and things if you are on the phones depend on metrics like your AHT. And they want it under about 11.5 minutes for a claims call, but you aren’t allowed to tell a vendor that you can’t take any more claims! So you might end up with several calls where you have to check 8 claims on each calls. So even if you only spend 4 minutes per claim, you’re at a 32 minute call. Get 4 of those a day, and it’s almost impossible to get your time down. It’s frustrating. Made me want to get off the phones (even tho the phones are where you get OT). Getting used to using genesys and WDE for your work schedule took some getting used to.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Elevance Health.

Elevance Health Careers

Cover image for Elevance Health

Digital and Technology professionals at Elevance Health drive the future of health care, delivering innovative and reliable solutions that...More

• Veterans