Cover image for Elevance Health

Former Employee

No work life balance- 80 hour weeks with not one dollar more for overtime

Nov 12, 2022 - Appeals Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers and decent benefits.

Cons

They will work you to death. Turn over is high but management does not care or bother to ask. They will not change their processes but instead keep chaotic dysfunction and expect nurses to “save” cases from deadlines (appeals and PDR). The production expectation is only possible in a 10-12 hour day not 8 so you are expected to do that. Don’t offer overtime pay or value you, your family or time. Been doing this roles for years and worked at different insurances. How they manage to not go out of compliance with every case or how they are still in business is beyond me. You literally have to send 10 emails “begging” a doctor to review your speciality case because they don’t have enough MD’s and won’t hire more “due to costs.” Once you lose more nurses you can’t take any PTO “due to business needs” ie you’ve treated your staff terribly and they deserve better so they leave and the remaining nurses drown in cases and are expected to work 12 hour days. Trust me when I say don’t do it. It’s not worth it and no amount of money can ever make it worth it when they take your soul.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good place

Jan 11, 2023 - Director of Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

No stress and very flexible

Cons

Nothing to say at this point

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good benefits, metrics kinda suck

Nov 29, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) II in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really like working from home, especially with the price of gas! The benefits are nice, insurance is fairly cheap, and I’ve done really well in most things. I thought the training was fine for the most part (and thank god for the help desk and chat starting out). Working on a holiday, you get 2.5x pay, plus PTO to use on a day of your choosing.

Cons

It’s just aggravating that your bonuses and things if you are on the phones depend on metrics like your AHT. And they want it under about 11.5 minutes for a claims call, but you aren’t allowed to tell a vendor that you can’t take any more claims! So you might end up with several calls where you have to check 8 claims on each calls. So even if you only spend 4 minutes per claim, you’re at a 32 minute call. Get 4 of those a day, and it’s almost impossible to get your time down. It’s frustrating. Made me want to get off the phones (even tho the phones are where you get OT). Getting used to using genesys and WDE for your work schedule took some getting used to.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Elevance Health.

Elevance Health Careers

Cover image for Elevance Health

Digital and Technology professionals at Elevance Health drive the future of health care, delivering innovative and reliable solutions that...More

• Veterans