Elitch Gardens - Character Building | Glassdoor

"Character Building"

Former Employee - Ride Operator in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Ride Operator in Denver, CO

I worked at Elitch Gardens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work in Kiddieland and interacting with the kids was great! The supervisors of that area are the best. All of us Kiddieland workers were really close and got along very well. Everybody did what was necessary to get the job done, nd then at the end of the day, we would converge at the ball pit and talk about our exeriences with the guests while preparing to go home. We didn't have any real drama, and the friends you made here you would definately want to keep in contact with.

Cons

They are very strict reguarding personal appearence there- more than once girls have been in HR removing figernail polish because it 'follow the guidelines'. Scheduling is sometimes hectic and can interfere with schooling. People cross-train but not often-if your in kiddieland your pretty much stuck there. A lot of people quit all throughout the season so, someone here today can be gone tomarrow without a word.

Other Employee Reviews for Elitch Gardens

1. "Do not work here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

2 free passes to the park for every 100 hours you work.

Cons

They never give their employees any feedback. I was a manager. I constantly gave feedback to my employees, but I felt other managers were lacking in this. They promote their friends rather than people who deserve to be promoted. Luckily, I kissed ass and became a manager. They spend very little money on making employees and customers happy. They never replace broken equipment. They schedule a lot of employees on slow days, and very few employees on busy days. Cafeteria with expensive disgusting food.

Advice to Management

Train your managers better, fix broken equipment, and put more emphasis improving working conditions for employees so they can provide better customer service.

2. "Food service"

Former Employee - Food Service Worker
    Former Employee - Food Service Worker

I worked at Elitch Gardens part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, free entrance, nice location

Cons

Strict rules, no promotion, not consistent