Ellie Mae - Best Place to work and Career grow in the Bay Area. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ellie Mae

"Best Place to work and Career grow in the Bay Area."

Current Employee - Technology in Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Technology in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Ellie Mae for the past 2 years and it has been the best move I’ve have ever made. Ellie Mae fosters a friendly atmosphere that includes an extremely supportive and flexible management team. They ensure we have a pleasant and comfortable place to work while performing our skill sets. In addition, Ellie Mae utilizes the newest and most innovative technologies in the Bay Area. I believe our company will continue to thrive, grow, and improve. Our CEO, Sig Anderman, just announced that our company has doubled its size in just the last 2 years. As a result, we are relocating to a new location in Pleasanton, CA that will provide state of the art amenities. I am proud to be a part of a growing company who cares for the employees.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any cons. This company is flexible, supports growth and opportunity within the company, supports team building activities to help us work effectively together, offers excellent benefits/time-off policy, and offers a yearly Bonus, Stocks and RSUs. The only con is that we were getting a little tight in our current office with the recent expansion of the workforce but we will soon be relocating to a bigger and better office.

Advice to Management

You are on the right track. Possibly think of launching a mentor program to help new employees learn the business faster and have a point of contact to reach out to with concerns/ideas for improvement, I believe this program is in process as well.

Other Employee Reviews for Ellie Mae

"Tech Support Sr. Leadership = Train-wreck"

Former Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Ellie Mae full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Talented Tech Support Team. Built with integrity, this team is passionate and want badly to succeed. It's why they were hand selected. Amazing team dynamic. An All-Star cast of characters that would make anyone proud. Free coffee.

Cons

Sr. Leadership in Pleasanton is the train-wreck. No concept of call center basics. Refusal to provide internal training, and you'll be ostracized for requesting it. They demonstrate zero desire to build relationships or provide the tools necessary for those who are the face of the company. You'll be asked for your suggestions, then ridiculed publicly for making them.

Advice to Management

Make the investment in internal product training for Tech Support. Understand how to track contacts and how to use this for self service. Install a real knowledge base. Know that workforce management is more than a spreadsheet of best guesses. Stop hiding behind "we're a startup" and act like the 15 year old company that you are. Hire Sr. leadership that understands how to be proactive, not reactive - that can lead and execute.

2. "The Awesomeness of Ellie Mae"

Current Employee - Technical Support Product Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Technical Support Product Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, surroundings, management, location

Cons

Not knowing the product the way you should.

Advice to Management

Create a wiki that incorporates everything