Elliot Hospital - It was great....10 years ago! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Elliot Hospital

"It was great....10 years ago!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I worked at Elliot Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good cafeteria food.
On-site daycare available to employees.
Friendly staff.

Cons

Management has done a "number" on this place within the last few years. The benefits are relatively poor. No 403b match, limited raises and they cap salaries once you're at the upper end of the salary for your position. Their health benefits are a poor value also. They are "self insured" and you would think this would translate into savings for the employee...it doesn't. You're also heavy penalized if you seek care outside of the Elliot network with significantly higher deductibles.

Technology/equipment spending has been minimal during the past few years making them behind in the "technology curve". It has been impossible to get funding for any equipment replacement.

Very reluctant to help pay for continuing education expenses.

Advice to Management

Management has access to a relatively new 457b plan. Some management personnel have also received company contributions into their 457b plans while the Elliot has stopped all company 403b matches. Funny how you guys found a way to line your own pockets isn't it? All we keep hearing is how money is tight and how we all need to do our best to not waste, cut spending, increase revenue,....and yet your salaries and retirement accounts continue to increase.

Other Employee Reviews for Elliot Hospital

1. "Okay place to work."

Former Employee - LNA in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - LNA in Manchester, NH

I worked at Elliot Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have great training programs and management is fairly supportive. I enjoyed working with patients and it was a rewarding job emotionally. There was a good work life balance and when your shift was over you were able to leave without taking it home with you for the most part.

Cons

Sometimes you don't feel part of a team and you feel that you are on your own. The pay could have been a little better. There were a few nurses who treated LNAs in a condescending manner and acted as if the LNA were beneath them rather than just providing professional direction and supervision.

Advice to Management

Allow the employees in lower positions to have more of a voice.

2. "Fantastic Company"

Former Employee - Rehabilitation Aide (Per Diem) in Hooksett, NH
    Former Employee - Rehabilitation Aide (Per Diem) in Hooksett, NH

I worked at Elliot Hospital part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee and patient oriented, prompt service, extremely professional and helpful in all endeavors.

Cons

I couldn't work there more than I did.

Advice to Management

Re-examine funding directed towards Physical Therapy and try to always maintain or improve facilities in order to provide even more effective treatment to patients.