Embrace Pet Insurance - The hype is real - great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Embrace Pet Insurance

"The hype is real - great place to work"

I have been working at Embrace Pet Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management and leaders truly care about the employees. Employees are given generous benefits including free pet insurance, health insurance, unlimited vacation time, wellness opportunities, casual dress code, pets in the office, work from home days, etc. New ideas are valued and employees are trusted with responsibility. The whole company actually sticks to the core values. Refreshing!

Cons

Very few employees actually live near Beachwood, 30 minute drive to work minimum.

Advice to Management

Keep on staying true to the core values.

Other Employee Reviews for Embrace Pet Insurance

"Yeah we have to meet metrics and goals, but it's a great place to have to do it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Embrace Pet Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's not a high stress environment, but things still get done. When I started a few years ago it was a functioning workplace but it had a few large flaws. Now it's much better, the overall environment is positive and everyone seems to truly like their jobs. Some key trouble makers were pushed out and that made things better. Dogs in the office, great benefits, social hours, wellness opportunities, and I know exactly where I stand with my manager and what both of us have to improve on to do better. Yep, even the managers will admit they are not perfect and want to be better managers. That's novel. The flexible schedule and work from home opportunities are just icing on the cake.

Cons

Sometimes all the dogs at once can be a pain. I love them, but we need some sort of limit per area!.
    Technological repairs are slow to happen and can impede progress and innovation. Seems like they put their tech resources in the wrong place a lot of the time. Fix what's broken before you try to invent something new!

Advice to Management

The CEO's (there are 2) are like night and day. I would like to think that means they play well off of each other, but what I see (with my limited view) is Laura works her tail off and Alex barely cares or shows up. He's the big thinker with the crazy ideas, but it's like he's not in reality with those ideas sometimes. Not sure he's cut out for managing people, but he doesn't manage me so I guess I don't really know. Just my observations. My direct manager is open and seems to care what I think and need.

2. "Man, do I miss this place!"

Pros

I knew before I made the decision to relocate that leaving Embrace would be the hardest part of leaving Ohio. I truly loved this company and the people in it with all my heart. Such an amazingly passionate group of people with high ambitions and drive. Laura, the CEO, really changed who I was as a person in the best way possible. I became more confident in my career and personal development. She drove me crazy sometimes, but that's only because she's truly passionate about what she does and the people that work with her. I left Embrace to move out of state. I am currently working for a Fortune 500 company and I'm bored to tears.
    At Embrace I was constantly challenged. I was always outside my comfort zone. The opportunities are endless as the company is constantly expanding.
    The benefits were unreal. It seems that some employees didn't appreciate this as much as those who understand what it's like to not be able to work from home, have unlimited vacation, do yoga at lunch, have happy hour in the office on Friday afternoon, partake in a ping pong tournament, etc. Compared to a corporate environment, everything is very relaxed.
    I can't recommend this company enough. I am planning to meet with a recruiter shortly to have them find me an 'Embrace' where I live. Although, fat chance that I would find this twice.

Cons

As with any non-corporate, small/mid-sized business, growth always presents challenges. I'd say that's a pretty good problem to have and provides opportunity for invaluable experience.

Advice to Management

I don't think I said it enough. Thank you so much for every opportunity you provided to me. I miss you guys!