Embraer - over hyped, under delivered | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Embraer

"over hyped, under delivered"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Pros

exciting projects involving new technology, celebrated diversity of national and cultural backgrounds in office

Cons

observed gender discrimination against women. lack of accountability in leadership toward their teams. futile ethics violations reporting process. observed favoritism and hiring of personal friends and family members (nepotism). observed anger management issues amoung managers (yelling, cursing at employees). lack of hourly pay (this amounts to unpaid overtime in salaried positions). observed under-paying of qualified new employees.

Advice to Management

Improve your ethics violations reporting process - observed lack of confidentiality caused several employees to suffer retaliation and alienation. This would resolve many of the other problems if fixed.

Other Employee Reviews for Embraer

1. "great place to grow and learn"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Embraer as a contractor

Pros

offers great benfits, employee friendly

Cons

if they would just hire their temp.employess...instead of tagging them along...keep hearing hiring freeze..but certain deparments are special and get to hire...mean while temps are still waiting... after a 9 mo - year, and after being told that their postion was a temp to hire, its all poltics....

"Best Job I have ever held"

Current Employee - Line Assembly Tech in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Line Assembly Tech in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Embraer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Superb benefits, great management, growth possibilities, competitive pay for the area. I have never encountered a work environment such as this. It is one of the best places I have worked in my aviation career.

Cons

If there is on it is only that it is a start up. So we are working through all the growing pains of making this a full facility and getting everyone up to speed.