Emerald Technology Recruitment - Full of promises they cant deliver | Glassdoor

"Full of promises they cant deliver"

Current Employee - Researcher in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Emerald Technology Recruitment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Had some good people that worked there, most of them have gone now. Select few who have been brainwashed and therefore changed. Good MD

Cons

Where to start? Directors bully people into leaving with no concern for peoples welfare or personal lives. I first hand have seen the tactics they use. The fact that I have the ability to smash the phones is the only reason I still have a job. Promise the idea of development but don't deliver. The new learning and development manager is a great add on, but we had someone like this before who was great and again... got rid of them. How will this be different? Would not recommend this as a great place to work at all

Advice to Management

Stop thinking your the best in the industry - your not

Emerald Technology Recruitment2017-10-26

Emerald Technology Recruitment Response

October 30, 2017Operations Manager

Thank you for your comment. This review is a little confusing as it mentions you are a current employee but use the wording "had some good people that worked there", an interesting use of past tense. Moving on from this, I would encourage you to speak with our Learning and Development manager about your concerns if you don't feel comfortable speaking with the directors. We feel confident that the way that Emerald are empowering their people with business plans and promotion planning should mean you feel in control of your future rather than feeling like its just your call numbers that are focused on. We very rarely use call figures to manage people, this is only turned to should we feel that confidence needs to be built early in their career. We categorically refute the accusation of bullying and the last thing we want is to bring people into this business and lose them, every new recruit is an investment from us so we want them to be successful, there is no reason we would "bully" them out of the business. Overall I'm concerned that you dislike working at Emerald so much and still work with us, we would encourage you to speak with your manager or the L&D manager so we have the chance to reassure you about the changes happening at Emerald. We thank you for your review and hope you will reach out to someone here at Emerald.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "review"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Dubai

Pros

great team environment, working with fantastic clients in tech space

Cons

no cons that i can think of

Emerald Technology Recruitment2019-07-21
  2. "No integrity from the Top down coupled with a bullying culture"

Former Employee - Consultant in Birmingham, England

I worked at Emerald Technology Recruitment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At the very beginning - the training was good and you will get chance to work with good Tech Companies.

Cons

If your thinking about joining this company "Then Don't" - The senior management have zero integrity, coupled with a huge favouritism problem which runs deep throughout the business, as well as the international offices. I have spent well over three years with this organisation and witnessed first hand bullying on a staggering scale, and some management even encouraging the culture of making others feel very... uncomfortable in the work place. Emerald expects you to be working every hour of the day, mapping in your own time and then will verbally whip you to be on the phone all day like an animal. You will quickly find out that the "few favourites" in the office will be award all the best an most engaged search projects to work, while others who are not part of the "click" will be handed dreadful and heavily contingent projects which have very little chance of placing, they will then follow this up with very aggressive performance management techniques to either make you leave or fire you - They will also then keep your commission after this process - I have witnessed many people be fired in a 3 year period - Emerald is the definition of a sack happy company - My advice before joining this organisation is to find people who have previously worked there and they will open your eyes just how bad the place really is. Emerald Consistently force people to fill out employee surveys which everyone is terrified to say how they really feel, so just say what senior management want to hear for an easier life - Seriously don't go join here.

Advice to Management

Your sack happy culture, bullying and aggressive nature will never change, so whats the point of offering any advice.

Emerald Technology Recruitment2019-07-24

Discover more reviews about Emerald Technology Recruitment.