Emerald Technology Recruitment - Great place to work - Great Training, Support, Customers and Earning Potential | Glassdoor

"Great place to work - Great Training, Support, Customers and Earning Potential"

Current Employee - Consultant in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Emerald Technology Recruitment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked at Emerald Technology for over 3 years and everything that was discussed with me at interview has been delivered. I have been able to build my technical knowledge, a customer base across multiple sectors, as well as have opportunity to progress in my career and increase my earning potential. I have received huge support from Directors, Managers and Team Leaders on projects which has included... guidance on executive search and developing best practice as well as support on closing out difficult searches. The culture is fun and inclusive, with lots of incentives set to drive performance and rewards. Emerald has also allowed me to achieve a number of personal goals due to the support and earning potential on offer. I have seen first hand that this organisation is a leader in Executive Search. The feedback I have received face to face with customers has been incredible and we really do offer a process that works, regardless of role, country and technology sector. For individuals that are driven, passionate and willing to work hard this is a fantastic place to work where you get out of it what you put in.

Cons

Whether you have or have not worked in recruitment previously the learning curve can be steep, therefore you must be willing to take on board information and put it into practice. The hours are long, especially at first as you need to embed yourself in the business and learn the internal processes, however this does get easier. If you are willing to put the work and the hours in, you will be successful.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive this organisation to new levels and provide opportunity for progression as well as support to all members throughout the business.

Emerald Technology Recruitment2017-12-01

Other Employee Reviews

1. "review"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Dubai

Pros

great team environment, working with fantastic clients in tech space

Cons

no cons that i can think of

Emerald Technology Recruitment2019-07-21
  2. "No integrity from the Top down coupled with a bullying culture"

Former Employee - Consultant in Birmingham, England

I worked at Emerald Technology Recruitment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At the very beginning - the training was good and you will get chance to work with good Tech Companies.

Cons

If your thinking about joining this company "Then Don't" - The senior management have zero integrity, coupled with a huge favouritism problem which runs deep throughout the business, as well as the international offices. I have spent well over three years with this organisation and witnessed first hand bullying on a staggering scale, and some management even encouraging the culture of making others feel very... uncomfortable in the work place. Emerald expects you to be working every hour of the day, mapping in your own time and then will verbally whip you to be on the phone all day like an animal. You will quickly find out that the "few favourites" in the office will be award all the best an most engaged search projects to work, while others who are not part of the "click" will be handed dreadful and heavily contingent projects which have very little chance of placing, they will then follow this up with very aggressive performance management techniques to either make you leave or fire you - They will also then keep your commission after this process - I have witnessed many people be fired in a 3 year period - Emerald is the definition of a sack happy company - My advice before joining this organisation is to find people who have previously worked there and they will open your eyes just how bad the place really is. Emerald Consistently force people to fill out employee surveys which everyone is terrified to say how they really feel, so just say what senior management want to hear for an easier life - Seriously don't go join here.

Advice to Management

Your sack happy culture, bullying and aggressive nature will never change, so whats the point of offering any advice.

Emerald Technology Recruitment2019-07-24

Discover more reviews about Emerald Technology Recruitment.