Emerald Technology Recruitment - Embracing change | Glassdoor

"Embracing change"

Current Employee - Learning and Development Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Emerald Technology Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very hands on Directors that will help win business and help if you ask Everyone in the business embraces change Directors are very open to being challenged and receiving feedback Pretty cool offices BD team have tonnes of potential Lots of potential - some strong minded people in the first 2-3 years of their careers Great opportunity to be successful if someone can work with the Business Development team... whilst developing their own business at the same time. Clear career path based on ability not time with the business. Lots of support offered if someone is struggling. only seen 3 people move on since I started 11 months ago - out of 50+ globally that's good! People have made me feel welcome Heard they have a 7-7 culture before I started but this is not the case Always had very honest feedback on my ideas and constructive - the people are passionate about making the company the best it can be. People help each other - especially new people. Nice things like - brekkie on a Friday, champagne raffles, music playing out of core working times etc... its the little things that matter - and a ping pong table

Cons

I could still do more and more internal upskilling & training - guess you can never do enough Emerald and the consultants must encourage & embrace 270/360 recruitment Strong & proven process behind Market mapping ahead of approaches - while I think this is a positive, some "maverick" recruiters may not suit this.

Advice to Management

Keep on listening to feedback from the people. Lots of potential big billers and leaders - just need guidance and support Big strides in the last year from what I've seen... keep it up!

Emerald Technology Recruitment2018-06-12

Other Employee Reviews

1. "review"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Dubai

I have been working at Emerald Technology Recruitment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great team environment, working with fantastic clients in tech space

Cons

no cons that i can think of

Emerald Technology Recruitment2019-07-21
  2. "No integrity from the Top down coupled with a bullying culture"

Former Employee - Consultant in Birmingham, England

I worked at Emerald Technology Recruitment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At the very beginning - the training was good and you will get chance to work with good Tech Companies.

Cons

If your thinking about joining this company "Then Don't" - The senior management have zero integrity, coupled with a huge favouritism problem which runs deep throughout the business, as well as the international offices. I have spent well over three years with this organisation and witnessed first hand bullying on a staggering scale, and some management even encouraging the culture of making others feel very... uncomfortable in the work place. Emerald expects you to be working every hour of the day, mapping in your own time and then will verbally whip you to be on the phone all day like an animal. You will quickly find out that the "few favourites" in the office will be award all the best an most engaged search projects to work, while others who are not part of the "click" will be handed dreadful and heavily contingent projects which have very little chance of placing, they will then follow this up with very aggressive performance management techniques to either make you leave or fire you - They will also then keep your commission after this process - I have witnessed many people be fired in a 3 year period - Emerald is the definition of a sack happy company - My advice before joining this organisation is to find people who have previously worked there and they will open your eyes just how bad the place really is. Emerald Consistently force people to fill out employee surveys which everyone is terrified to say how they really feel, so just say what senior management want to hear for an easier life - Seriously don't go join here.

Advice to Management

Your sack happy culture, bullying and aggressive nature will never change, so whats the point of offering any advice.

Emerald Technology Recruitment2019-07-24

Discover more reviews about Emerald Technology Recruitment.