Emerald Technology Recruitment - No integrity from the Top down coupled with a bullying culture | Glassdoor
  1. "No integrity from the Top down coupled with a bullying culture"

Former Employee - Consultant in Birmingham, England

I worked at Emerald Technology Recruitment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At the very beginning - the training was good and you will get chance to work with good Tech Companies.

Cons

If your thinking about joining this company "Then Don't" - The senior management have zero integrity, coupled with a huge favouritism problem which runs deep throughout the business, as well as the international offices. I have spent well over three years with this organisation and witnessed first hand bullying on a staggering scale, and some management even encouraging the culture of making others feel very... uncomfortable in the work place. Emerald expects you to be working every hour of the day, mapping in your own time and then will verbally whip you to be on the phone all day like an animal. You will quickly find out that the "few favourites" in the office will be award all the best an most engaged search projects to work, while others who are not part of the "click" will be handed dreadful and heavily contingent projects which have very little chance of placing, they will then follow this up with very aggressive performance management techniques to either make you leave or fire you - They will also then keep your commission after this process - I have witnessed many people be fired in a 3 year period - Emerald is the definition of a sack happy company - My advice before joining this organisation is to find people who have previously worked there and they will open your eyes just how bad the place really is. Emerald Consistently force people to fill out employee surveys which everyone is terrified to say how they really feel, so just say what senior management want to hear for an easier life - Seriously don't go join here.

Advice to Management

Your sack happy culture, bullying and aggressive nature will never change, so whats the point of offering any advice.

Emerald Technology Recruitment2019-07-24

Other Employee Reviews

1. "review"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Dubai

I have been working at Emerald Technology Recruitment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great team environment, working with fantastic clients in tech space

Cons

no cons that i can think of

Emerald Technology Recruitment2019-07-21

"Deep lack of trust and belief in employees"

Current Employee - Consultant in Birmingham, England

Pros

The company says the right things in regards to change and improving the business, the office is convenient and you get to work with some good brands.

Cons

As listed in my title, the senior leadership team talk a great talk, but when it comes down to the bare bones of it all they struggle to truly empower employees to achieve and grow. They moan that everyone acts like kids, but equally, they talk to you like you're 8 years old and then they are confused as to why there is very little respect for them. You must work there way or no way... They forget that people have... their own strengths and achieve results in lots of different ways, it screams of a factory line, don't think just look where we point and do. Favouritism is rife within the business, they will, of course, deny this. But if they like you they will give you "Golden Tickets" to help you succeed, if they don't like you they will give you jobs that 4 other people have failed on and watch you struggle. They will do this until they can fire you. They have a misplaced arrogance about being the "best search company in the market" but realistically a 5-minute google search will show you there are a lot of better search companies who have been around half the time. You must be doing something wrong if in 5/6/7 years they have achieved what you haven't in 19.

Advice to Management

There's no advice, you are soo deep routed in your ways you will never change. You worry and complain that you can only hire kids and not established recruiters. This is the case due to you having a reasonably bad rep in the market, you're just too deluded to know it.

Emerald Technology Recruitment2019-01-22

Emerald Technology Recruitment Response

March 11, 2019Operations Manager

Thank you for your review - Its a real shame that should you still be working in our Birmingham office that you felt you couldn't talk to me about these rather than turning to glass door. I'm keen to address a few points - Emerald are embarking on an exciting change I feel watching our consultants start to embrace a 360 recruitment model means they have more autonomy than ever and the stage to show their potential. We are in the rare position where our consultant get lots of projects passed to them from Directors and our BD team - with these come delivery deadlines and with the senior nature of what we do our clients have a " high bar " for talent. 2018 saw our best year ever, my engagement survey records some great results as below: - 93% of our people feel they can learn and develop at emerald - 98% feel someone encourages their development - 93% feel their manager cares about them - our work force feel they have a good work-life balance - 89% of our people feel truly valued at work - 89% would refer someone to work here. While we are still focused on improving the above - I'm confident this shows we are moving in a positive direction. As I say... a real shame that you feel you can't turn to me, your manager or a colleague. I'm sorry you feel this way and hope some of the statistics above reassure you that most of our people are happy and valued. I would be great to have the opportunity to help you feel this way too. Life is too short to be this unhappy at your place of work Thanks Stew Wilson - L&D manager

Discover more reviews about Emerald Technology Recruitment.