Emerge - Started out as a great opportunity, but Emerge not fulfilling promises made, nor are we given our goals before payout | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Emerge

"Started out as a great opportunity, but Emerge not fulfilling promises made, nor are we given our goals before payout"

I have been working at Emerge full-time

Pros

They were allowing freedom to do our job & no micromanaging. In the original offer made wonderful promises of commissions. Treated us very well when we first started, told us how great we were doing & how successful our teams were.

Cons

With the current management in the Phoenix office at American Express they have made it more like a call center. They are implementing micromanaging techniques that remove the ability to do your job the way it should be done & reducing morale & enjoyment of the job. They are not forthcoming about where you are at & what your numbers are. You are basically given an invisible target & told if you hit it or not about 2 months AFTER the quarter ends. Or you are not given a goal at all & then told whether or not you hit the "goal" when it comes time to pay you. This started out as a great company & great opportunity, now I am not so sure.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to the calls of the sales reps that you think are doing so well. People are marking calls incorrectly & being rewarded for it. This was a great atmosphere & you are destroying a good thing by bringing over matrixes from another company that did not work or there wouldn't be so many employees jumping ship & coming over to Emerge.

May 5, 2015 – CEO

Thank you very much for your post. It sounds like you have some fantastic suggestions and I would welcome a one to one conversation together.

I am personally committed to receiving feedback... More

Other Employee Reviews for Emerge

"Sales Pitch during hiring doesn't match the job"

Pros

I was a job and there was some money exchanged.

Cons

Management doesn't stand behind their word. They lead you to believe that you're getting a completely different experience than you actually have at Emerge. Linder talks a lot, but when it comes time for execution, there's little punch. As the earlier post mentions, this company adds no value to any product or service it touches, so there's no reason for it to exist. If anything, this is a value hole.

Advice to Management

You should sell cars.

May 5, 2015 – CEO

Thank you very much for your post. It sounds like your time with us did not match-up with your expectations. I would love to hear how we could do a better job at that.

We are completely... More

"Work Your Life Away for Zero Compensation"

Former Employee - Technical Lead in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Lead in Rochester, NY

I worked at Emerge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I don't think it's possible to list any pros of working with Emerge. I did learn a bit while I was there, but it was from my own research on my own time, not from training, and often was to correct problems with the company's own practices.

Cons

No training, no assistance, no teamwork, no communication, management is a complete nightmare, employees constantly competing, no recognition for hard work, no compensation for hard work or overtime, no vacation, worthless benefits, no room for advancement, constant pressure, zero encouragement, zero company culture. Working with Emerge as an employee, partner, or client is guaranteed to stifle your life and ruin your business.

Advice to Management

Please just close the company. Just stop. You're not adding any value to anything. You are preventing good, hard-working people from succeeding and advancing.

May 5, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to articulate your feelings. It sounds like we were not able to give you the environment or support necessary for you to do your best work.

It is always our goal... More