Emeritus Senior Living - Disappointed with Emeritus | Glassdoor

"Disappointed with Emeritus"

Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Snohomish, WA
Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Snohomish, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The residents and their families.

Cons

-Management and RCD are very unprofessional.
-Money matters more then the care
-They have housekeeping, cooks, activities and a maintenance person but expect the caregivers to do it all.Which takes the focus away from the most important thing which is the CARE.
-Terrible benefits
-The Dept. Heads seem to be able to do whatever they want and are always talking about a "budget" which worries the residents (again very unprofessional).

Advice to Management

-Spend less time taking breaks and focus on the issues that matter
-Treat your employees with respect
-Always always put the interest of the residents FIRST.
-Replacing Management would help.
-GOODLUCK.

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"Very Frustrating dealing with an ED who was dishonest, two faced, and needed to be in Memory Care herself."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Pros

The best reasons to work at Emeritus is the residents. I love Seniors and although my hands were tied on many issues, the residents were always appreciative of my efforts. I will miss them greatly!

Cons

Management was dishonest in the interview process about job description, pay scale, hours, and budget constraints. There was no sence of urgency to fix any problems in the community including mechanical issues that were a safety hazzard to our residents. Everything was predicated on a showstring budget even though the residents were paying dearly for services not rendered. Because of lack of discipline in daily processes, our management was always putting out fires, passing the blame to the employees rather than management taking responsibility for bad management.

Advice to Management

Make some surprise visits to this community. When the residents tell you there are problems, don't assume that they are just seniors and do not know what they are talking about. Stop micro-managing your staff. Either you trust them in their positions or you don't. Treat your employees with the same respsect that you would want. Respect is earned not demanded.

"Awful company to work for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, FL

Pros

I worked with some wonderful people and the residents are great!

Cons

Low pay, high staff turn around, terrible benifits! The 'Our Family is Committed to Yours' slogan is a bunch of BS, they don't care if you are sick and need a day off, and they are always cutting hours.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect!