Emeritus Senior Living - Bleh... | Glassdoor

"Bleh..."

Former Employee - Life Enrichment Director in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Life Enrichment Director in Columbus, OH

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you have learned to appreciate having very little work to do you'll love it, if you don't care about corporate cutting hours you'll be fine.

Cons

No proper training in corporate policy, was there for over a month and still hadn't recieved access to my budget (activities), hours were getting cut as this is only private pay and many people can't afford it, having resident's that are not even close to what you'd expect in an assisted living situation (wheelchairs, incontinence ect.) because corporate can't lose the income, suggested cutting my hours and having me come in 5 days a week for 4 hours.... yeah, right.

Advice to Management

Private pay long-term care is almost a dead horse, I don't know if there's much you can do. Cutting services that the resident's pay for is not the answer. Try reducing the price a little, nicer facilities are charging less in our area.

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"No thought or kindness, to the employee's"

Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Stevens Point, WI
    Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Stevens Point, WI

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1.Great Residents. 2. if your in school and need flexible schedual, it works.

Cons

Extremely low, non-competitive wages. Understaffed. Noc shift gets no true LEGAL break. made to work on their break.

Advice to Management

Pay better, allow for more staffing, And either stop making Noc shift take a unpaid break and just pay them, or at least give them a LEGAL break. A break where they can actually have there break time to themselves, rather than having to work and answer call lights because you only staff bare bones at night and wont let us leave the Dementia floor there for making our "break" work.

"Disappointed with my experience at Emeritus"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

-Promotions are easy to obtain.
    -Little to no structure or guidelines (as far as how you do your job), so there is a lot of autonomy.

Cons

- Because it's easy to obtain promotions there are a lot of inept managers.
    - Pay is considerably lower compared to similar jobs in Seattle (hence why they promote from within rather than hire from the outside).
    - The benefits offered are embarrassingly bad (unless you're a VP or higher).
    - Nepotism amongst executives and upper management.

Advice to Management

Advice to Executives:
    - Your work force reflects the amount of resources you put into them. Free pop/ bagels and deck parties in place of real compensation has spawned low productivity and a large group of under achievers. This will continue to be the case now that the economy is getting better and there are more options.
    -Stock options/bonuses shouldn't be given when the company continues to have such poor earnings.