Emeritus Senior Living - This is a well run outfit. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"This is a well run outfit."

Current Contractor - Licensed Practical Nurse in Casselberry, FL
Current Contractor - Licensed Practical Nurse in Casselberry, FL

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a good staff.

Cons

There are none noted yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"A Waste Of Time"

Current Employee - Memory Care Program Director in Saint Augustine, FL
    Current Employee - Memory Care Program Director in Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with the residents is the most enjoyable aspect of being an Emeritus employee.

Cons

Management has little respect for front line staff and repeatedly threatens to fire people for the sake of balancing the bottom line. All the company really cares about is money and this attitude creates a culture laden with demoralization and defeat. I worked on call 24 hours a day as Memory Care Director for just $11.30 an hour without overtime. I made more money as a CNA with less education and less responsibility. The building never had enough staff when I worked there and still suffers from an ongoing staffing shortage. Upper level management, notably the ED seemed nice at first but turned out to be a two-faced snake, who did nothing to resolve ongoing conflicts. The ED and RCD never had anything nice to say just constant complaints and trivial criticism, which ultimately created a hostile environment. The environment in which I worked was fraught with childish gossip, sabotage, and passive-aggressive behavior from upper level management. Too much manipulation occurred from all sides. No thanks ever just constant demands. When I first began my work at Emeritus I loved everything about it and eagerly embraced a rewarding career but after being fired after just three months for no apparent reason I have nothing nice to say about this corporation or the community in St. Augustine, Florida. I worked my ASS off, sometimes working three shifts in a row without any help from anyone only to be slapped in the face and left with great sadness. I truly feel as if the corporation has exploited me as a worker. Sadly, I also feel that the community in St. Augustine employs discriminatory behavior, or should I say reversed discrimination. In short, the benefits stink, the pay is a joke, recognition is absent, and the corporation itself it devoid of all things human. The concept of "family" is nothing more than a statement on a wall. Dysfunctional and abusive family is far more accurate.

Advice to Management

Why bother waste my breathe? They don't listen anyway.

"Not a "family" I'd want to be a part of!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bennington, VT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bennington, VT

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved my residents and will miss them dearly! I did become good friends with some of the staff and will continue to keep in touch with them.

Cons

Should have known from the start that this place was trouble when one of the managers was FINALLY let go for discriminating against applicants and unprofessional behavior. Came to work one day and my desk was gone. No explanation, just all my things on the floor. Management said they thought I shouldn't have a desk anyway (or email address!). There is a lot of gossip and hearsay and management listens to it and accuses everyone of this and that. Very unprofessional and childish. Employees are treated disrespectfully and talked down to. We all were busting our butt at an understaffed and overly stressful community and were constantly dumped on with negative feedback. Nothing positive was said. When you try to reason with them, they say that you just can't take criticism!

Some of us weren't allowed the resources to do our jobs correctly. I was hired in a management position under the guise of an assistant so they would have to pay me less and give me less responsibility and privileges. I still had to do all the extra work! Was told that I didn't have time to do my planning while I was on the clock. Pathetic. The ones they are really hurting are the residents, who are paying WAY too much for what they receive.

This company is all about patting themselves on the back and about the $$$$$$. They need to stop caring so much about what they look like to outsiders and start worrying about their staff if they view them as "family".

Advice to Management

Enough with the corny emails, meetings, conference calls, etc... Ya'll are wasting precious time that could be spent making a difference in the lives of these wonderful residents. Start showing your employees some RESPECT.