Emeritus Senior Living - Not a "family" I'd want to be a part of! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"Not a "family" I'd want to be a part of!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bennington, VT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bennington, VT

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved my residents and will miss them dearly! I did become good friends with some of the staff and will continue to keep in touch with them.

Cons

Should have known from the start that this place was trouble when one of the managers was FINALLY let go for discriminating against applicants and unprofessional behavior. Came to work one day and my desk was gone. No explanation, just all my things on the floor. Management said they thought I shouldn't have a desk anyway (or email address!). There is a lot of gossip and hearsay and management listens to it and accuses everyone of this and that. Very unprofessional and childish. Employees are treated disrespectfully and talked down to. We all were busting our butt at an understaffed and overly stressful community and were constantly dumped on with negative feedback. Nothing positive was said. When you try to reason with them, they say that you just can't take criticism!

Some of us weren't allowed the resources to do our jobs correctly. I was hired in a management position under the guise of an assistant so they would have to pay me less and give me less responsibility and privileges. I still had to do all the extra work! Was told that I didn't have time to do my planning while I was on the clock. Pathetic. The ones they are really hurting are the residents, who are paying WAY too much for what they receive.

This company is all about patting themselves on the back and about the $$$$$$. They need to stop caring so much about what they look like to outsiders and start worrying about their staff if they view them as "family".

Advice to Management

Enough with the corny emails, meetings, conference calls, etc... Ya'll are wasting precious time that could be spent making a difference in the lives of these wonderful residents. Start showing your employees some RESPECT.

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"low down and dirty games"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none none none none none

Cons

Basically, all the bad stuff written on this site is true. I have never met more low, manipulative, bad-attitude, act-like-you're-in-the-mafia type people in my life (VP and Regional teams). I wouldn't put my dog in their facilities as they simply are NOT resident-focused. It disgusts me how much money and time is spent on everything unimportant.

Advice to Management

Get a better attitude, get off your high horse, be honest, quit, who cares...

"Good for learning, but the employees are overworked"

Former Employee - Wait Staff in Voorhees, NJ
    Former Employee - Wait Staff in Voorhees, NJ

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to learn different tasks, and the people are generally very helpful and nice.

Cons

Staff is overworked, generally are not trained formally, and are under compensated for the amount of work that they do.

Advice to Management

Use better HR practices. Hire more people who can advise on HR regulations, and employ efficiency and employee training in a better manner.