Emeritus Senior Living - they are all about making money and don't pay attention to what is actually goes on in the communities. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"they are all about making money and don't pay attention to what is actually goes on in the communities."

Current Employee - Wellness Coordinator in Reno, NV
Current Employee - Wellness Coordinator in Reno, NV

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

the residents they are the only reason to return everyday, when you can put a smile on just one persons face that makes it all worth it when you can make a difference in there lives.

Cons

the corporation just doesn't get what it takes and the time it takes to truly care for a resident, and give them the proper care that they need.

Advice to Management

that is a joke. unless you know someone or kiss some ass or just sleep to your way to the top. hard work just doesn't cut it in this company. very sad!

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"This is a well run outfit."

Current Contractor - Licensed Practical Nurse in Casselberry, FL
    Current Contractor - Licensed Practical Nurse in Casselberry, FL

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a good staff.

Cons

There are none noted yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"A Waste Of Time"

Current Employee - Memory Care Program Director in Saint Augustine, FL
    Current Employee - Memory Care Program Director in Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with the residents is the most enjoyable aspect of being an Emeritus employee.

Cons

Management has little respect for front line staff and repeatedly threatens to fire people for the sake of balancing the bottom line. All the company really cares about is money and this attitude creates a culture laden with demoralization and defeat. I worked on call 24 hours a day as Memory Care Director for just $11.30 an hour without overtime. I made more money as a CNA with less education and less responsibility. The building never had enough staff when I worked there and still suffers from an ongoing staffing shortage. Upper level management, notably the ED seemed nice at first but turned out to be a two-faced snake, who did nothing to resolve ongoing conflicts. The ED and RCD never had anything nice to say just constant complaints and trivial criticism, which ultimately created a hostile environment. The environment in which I worked was fraught with childish gossip, sabotage, and passive-aggressive behavior from upper level management. Too much manipulation occurred from all sides. No thanks ever just constant demands. When I first began my work at Emeritus I loved everything about it and eagerly embraced a rewarding career but after being fired after just three months for no apparent reason I have nothing nice to say about this corporation or the community in St. Augustine, Florida. I worked my ASS off, sometimes working three shifts in a row without any help from anyone only to be slapped in the face and left with great sadness. I truly feel as if the corporation has exploited me as a worker. Sadly, I also feel that the community in St. Augustine employs discriminatory behavior, or should I say reversed discrimination. In short, the benefits stink, the pay is a joke, recognition is absent, and the corporation itself it devoid of all things human. The concept of "family" is nothing more than a statement on a wall. Dysfunctional and abusive family is far more accurate.

Advice to Management

Why bother waste my breathe? They don't listen anyway.