Emeritus Senior Living - Horrible Managment, ignores nurses doing drugs and stealing medication | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"Horrible Managment, ignores nurses doing drugs and stealing medication"

Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Morristown, TN
Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Morristown, TN

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice job if you love helping others but not a job for just anyone
Small raise every year based on preformance.

Cons

Poor managment
Nurses stealing and Doing drugs
Neglects clients
Horrible benifits
Not enough staff to properly care for clients
It might not be like that at all facilities but I was at the one I worked for.

Advice to Management

Please change the way you manage your facilities. Stop turning a blind eye to abuse and neglect.

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"sociopath playground"

Former Employee - Executive Director in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely none. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Cons

This company is ran by sociopaths. Why do you think the turover at the community level is so high? It's obvious that middle management would rather throw community level employees under the bus, rather than be accountable for poor decisions or lack of oversight. On every occasion that the regional team or the VP team visited my community, they were cold and unfriendly toward residents, families and employees.

Advice to Management

Decrease turnover at the community level and increase turnover at the middle management level. Take a very close look at things: THE REASON THAT YOU ARE FORCED TO ACCEPT HIGH-ACCUITY, INAPPROPRIATE, QUICK-TURNOVER RESIDENTS IS BECAUSE YOUR COMMUNITIES SUFFER AND FAMILIES ARE DISSATISFIED. Why are families dissatisfied? The list is HUGE. Middle management: There's nothing really I can say, you're all sociopaths, and it's completely untreatable. Upper management: Shame on your lack of oversight. Start using your PCards for travel to the COMMUNITY, not the division office, and do some real discovery of what goes on, instead buying drinks and dinner for your sociopathic friends.

2. "Disappointing Pay Increase"

Current Employee - Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The residents - working at community level truly feels like a second family.

Cons

Pay raises are extremely small, you would be lucky to get 2 to 2.5%,,,,,,which breaks down to 0.20 - 0.30/hour. Community Management Level employees receive the same type of pay increase. Reviews are done and placed in your file without being given to the employee. Work load continues to increase and change without notice.

Advice to Management

Yes, it is a business.....but live your family values that are regularly discussed. Our family is commited to yours does not come from Regional and Corporate down to the community. Regional and Corporate people need to commuincate more efficiently. Multiple directions from each Regional department is not successful and causes resentment after a while. Take into consideration the regular workload, the actiivities that other Regional/Corporate level staff give before demanding your desires. Working in this industry should be more than what your bonus might be at the end of the month.