Emeritus Senior Living - sociopath playground | Glassdoor

"sociopath playground"

Former Employee - Executive Director in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Executive Director in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely none. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Cons

This company is ran by sociopaths. Why do you think the turover at the community level is so high? It's obvious that middle management would rather throw community level employees under the bus, rather than be accountable for poor decisions or lack of oversight. On every occasion that the regional team or the VP team visited my community, they were cold and unfriendly toward residents, families and employees.

Advice to Management

Decrease turnover at the community level and increase turnover at the middle management level. Take a very close look at things: THE REASON THAT YOU ARE FORCED TO ACCEPT HIGH-ACCUITY, INAPPROPRIATE, QUICK-TURNOVER RESIDENTS IS BECAUSE YOUR COMMUNITIES SUFFER AND FAMILIES ARE DISSATISFIED. Why are families dissatisfied? The list is HUGE. Middle management: There's nothing really I can say, you're all sociopaths, and it's completely untreatable. Upper management: Shame on your lack of oversight. Start using your PCards for travel to the COMMUNITY, not the division office, and do some real discovery of what goes on, instead buying drinks and dinner for your sociopathic friends.

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

1. "Disappointing Pay Increase"

Current Employee - Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The residents - working at community level truly feels like a second family.

Cons

Pay raises are extremely small, you would be lucky to get 2 to 2.5%,,,,,,which breaks down to 0.20 - 0.30/hour. Community Management Level employees receive the same type of pay increase. Reviews are done and placed in your file without being given to the employee. Work load continues to increase and change without notice.

Advice to Management

Yes, it is a business.....but live your family values that are regularly discussed. Our family is commited to yours does not come from Regional and Corporate down to the community. Regional and Corporate people need to commuincate more efficiently. Multiple directions from each Regional department is not successful and causes resentment after a while. Take into consideration the regular workload, the actiivities that other Regional/Corporate level staff give before demanding your desires. Working in this industry should be more than what your bonus might be at the end of the month.

2. "Our famiy committed to yours??"

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time

Pros

The caregivers are great! The nurses are knowledgable.

Cons

The ED is totally disconnected and treats others with a total lack of respect. He makes fun of residents he doesn't care for and constanly violates HIPPA.

Advice to Management

Listen to what is going on in the buildings. Often, the discontent is due to the ED, and retribution is feared. When a call is placed to Ethics first, that means those people are at the end of their rope.