Emeritus Senior Living - 100% WORST Assisted Living Company I have ever worked for!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"100% WORST Assisted Living Company I have ever worked for!!!"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Virginia Beach, VA
Current Employee - Executive Director in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They will hire anyone with a "pulse" to work for $8 an hour...

Cons

I have never seen a company go so far in cutting expenses, food, employee hours, staffing levels, etc... (I could go on and on...) They do NOT give any consideration about their residents care and well-being at all... They will work Front Line staff (Aides, Nurses, Cooks, Dept. heads, ED's, etc.) to death, 24 hours and still expect you to do more.

Advice to Management

Take the company PRIVATE... Get out of the Stock Market game if you care 1 ounce about the residents and your staff... Granger: This is a simple business... Take the best care of your residents you can, and take care of and appreciate your staff and the $$$ will come... You can't cut, cut, cut, and cut somemore and expect a Financial windfall... This "house of cards" is going to fall...

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"Place is a JOKE!"

Former Contractor - Senior Yoga Instructor in Tracy, CA
    Former Contractor - Senior Yoga Instructor in Tracy, CA

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employees were all nice.

Cons

After being a contractor there for 4 years, under the city initially, they stopped paying in a timely manner, to the point I was 6 months behind getting paid! Then, it was like pulling teeth! I was doing the invoicing for my hours, and drove 3 times a week to another city to teach there, sorry Emeritus I don't work for free. The residents complained about everything there, mostly, the food.

Advice to Management

Start over.

2. "It has been a good experience."

Current Employee - Cook in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Cook in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a good company, the environment is a good place to work in. The people and atmosphere is always good.

Cons

At the moment, I personally have not had any bad experiences working here. Nothing bad as been brought up.

Advice to Management

There should be more communication between all managers. Also, between all the different sections such as: kitchen, activities, act.