Emeritus Senior Living - I Have never seen a company so poorly ran!!!!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"I Have never seen a company so poorly ran!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Dietary Staff in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Dietary Staff in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The only pros at this company is the fact that you get to work with seniors!!!! They are the reason you should be there if you want a job with this company, and that is the only pro!!!

Cons

This company is never willing to actually do the job they need to do. The point of a senior living facility is to provide them with the best care, and all this company cares about is the dollar signs. The staffing is horrible and they should be shut down for the poor care they are providing! They won't even let our building buy the things we need for the residents. The ED, BOD, LED, and CRDs in our building do nothing but care about themselves. They could careless what happens to the residents and their families, or the line staff. They only care about themselves and what they look like that day, and what they are going to wear to work the next day and where they are going to go out to eat that night....If they would just help out instead of complaing about how terrible the staff is, maybe they would realize just how hard they work every day!!! I'm not sure why they wonder why we can't keep staff in the building!!??!? They only pay 8$ and hour and give terrible raises!!! And the work is so hard because of being so understaffed!!!. I would suggest you loook at what this company is doing to the residents and employees before you ever move your loved one into one of these buildings!!!!!

Advice to Management

Look in the mirror and ask yourself if you are truly happy with that is happening in your buildings...And if you can sleep at night knowing that your residents do not have the care they are promised or need then there is something seriously wrong with you!!! Help out your staff, tell them thank you or good job every once in awhile, and mean it!!!!!!! Also stop treating everyone like crap and treat them like human beings!!!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"The worst job I have EVER had"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met a lot of great people, fellow employees who struggled to do the right thing and help families in the face of complete adversity

Cons

100% profit focused to the detriment of the family members they are supposed to be caring for

Advice to Management

I wouldn't possibly know where to start

"100% WORST Assisted Living Company I have ever worked for!!!"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They will hire anyone with a "pulse" to work for $8 an hour...

Cons

I have never seen a company go so far in cutting expenses, food, employee hours, staffing levels, etc... (I could go on and on...) They do NOT give any consideration about their residents care and well-being at all... They will work Front Line staff (Aides, Nurses, Cooks, Dept. heads, ED's, etc.) to death, 24 hours and still expect you to do more.

Advice to Management

Take the company PRIVATE... Get out of the Stock Market game if you care 1 ounce about the residents and your staff... Granger: This is a simple business... Take the best care of your residents you can, and take care of and appreciate your staff and the $$$ will come... You can't cut, cut, cut, and cut somemore and expect a Financial windfall... This "house of cards" is going to fall...