Emeritus Senior Living - Ok job for a entry level person to acquire experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"Ok job for a entry level person to acquire experience"

Former Employee - RCD in Hattiesburg, MS
Former Employee - RCD in Hattiesburg, MS

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Haven't figured that out yet

Cons

Poor pay long hours working

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better, you get what u pay for

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"I love what I do!"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Getting paid to work with Seniors, do the right thing everyday making a difference in peoples lives and living by the philosphy "Safely Somewhere" which means we will go visit Seniors still living at home to make sure they are safe, have meals, medications and help lined up if they need it. It is a very rewarding career! They also provide opportunities for growth if you are looking for it. It doesn't matter if you are a caregiver or housekeeper so will give you training and support!

Cons

I work long hours- but I choose to because I enjoy what I do so much! It is more like a calling than a job.

Advice to Management

Continue to stand behind your committment to our Residents of "Our Family is Comitted to Yours" as our residents come first! And encouraging us all to live by the golden rule of doing to others as we would like done to us! If some employees don't believe this or think it isn't being done this is not due to management standing in your way it is because you are not doing it and are looking for someone to blame.

"Used, not appreciated and there values is a joke"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

feel good when a family member sees you work hard and care

Cons

Lied to by management that we were working too many weekends that it needs to be every other and people need to pull their weight. Then all at once 5 of us working 5 weekends in a row upsetting or moral NO FAMILY VALUE TO OUR FAMILIES. Popular ones always getting special days off like Easter etc. Or you help bail them due to lack of staff work a double on a Sat and they book you the next morning with only 5 hours of sleep and you got 5 hours on a Friday of sleep for bailing them Fri night as well. NO ROOM FOR GROWTH your lucky to get a 10 cents raise. While now many home cares are paying 10.00 and hour for a CNA. CNA should be paid 50 cents more and hour for her schooling and title. Letting people back in on trail basis when they really need to be in a nurse care facility meaning put more on the RA's and NO MORE CARE than Before and then you have several hard residents that take up all your time and the others are put on back burner. No management on weekends and eve in the place. WORKED TO DEATH IN THE DINNING ROOM carrying heavy trays of food, clean up too demanding, staff at each other throats, Food should be brought in on carts to save staffs back and arms to help your love ones when they need a boost.
    Threatened to get written up if we do not do silver chair threats of fired if we forget to something simple yet we are blown in all directions. No incentives at all, No bonus, tries to keep you at 4 or less days a week to keep your vacation time low , sick leave low no good benefits 401k share part low, SAY if sick have to get a DR note fro throwing up and pooping......... other Assisted livings say that is ridiculous they do not have that policy. SO where are their so called VALUES in that??? Where I work Moral with half of the staff has been all time low FOR last 3 Months.

Advice to Management

They do not care