Emeritus Senior Living - Exciting and rewarding | Glassdoor

"Exciting and rewarding"

Current Employee - Senior Housekeeper in Pikesville, MD
Current Employee - Senior Housekeeper in Pikesville, MD

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy my position at Emeritus Senior Living as a Senior Housekeeper. I started this job in October 2012 and I came into this facility as a dedicated worker. I Love all of the residents and I know all of them by name. I look forward to coming to work everyday. I give 100% of my ability and I work very hard to keep our facility cllean.

Cons

Some of the cons that I have enountered since I have been employed with Emeritus is that everyone doesn't treat the residents nicely and I get upset about that.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees concerns and correct some of the problems

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"Ok job for a entry level person to acquire experience"

Former Employee - RCD in Hattiesburg, MS
    Former Employee - RCD in Hattiesburg, MS

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Haven't figured that out yet

Cons

Poor pay long hours working

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better, you get what u pay for

"Used, not appreciated and there values is a joke"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

feel good when a family member sees you work hard and care

Cons

Lied to by management that we were working too many weekends that it needs to be every other and people need to pull their weight. Then all at once 5 of us working 5 weekends in a row upsetting or moral NO FAMILY VALUE TO OUR FAMILIES. Popular ones always getting special days off like Easter etc. Or you help bail them due to lack of staff work a double on a Sat and they book you the next morning with only 5 hours of sleep and you got 5 hours on a Friday of sleep for bailing them Fri night as well. NO ROOM FOR GROWTH your lucky to get a 10 cents raise. While now many home cares are paying 10.00 and hour for a CNA. CNA should be paid 50 cents more and hour for her schooling and title. Letting people back in on trail basis when they really need to be in a nurse care facility meaning put more on the RA's and NO MORE CARE than Before and then you have several hard residents that take up all your time and the others are put on back burner. No management on weekends and eve in the place. WORKED TO DEATH IN THE DINNING ROOM carrying heavy trays of food, clean up too demanding, staff at each other throats, Food should be brought in on carts to save staffs back and arms to help your love ones when they need a boost.
    Threatened to get written up if we do not do silver chair threats of fired if we forget to something simple yet we are blown in all directions. No incentives at all, No bonus, tries to keep you at 4 or less days a week to keep your vacation time low , sick leave low no good benefits 401k share part low, SAY if sick have to get a DR note fro throwing up and pooping......... other Assisted livings say that is ridiculous they do not have that policy. SO where are their so called VALUES in that??? Where I work Moral with half of the staff has been all time low FOR last 3 Months.

Advice to Management

They do not care