Emeritus Senior Living - Great company | Glassdoor

"Great company"

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time

Pros

Great people overall, residents are wonderful all of staff working with emeritus just a nice enviroment for us all its been a pleasure being apart of a team like this one

Cons

None at this time great

Advice to Management

Always stay involved

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"My old job is being posted second time within a month!,"

Former Employee - Community Relations Director
    Former Employee - Community Relations Director

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The residents...some of the kind souls who work in hands on positions..be wary, though of anyone on Executive Director position and up. they are profit driven sociopaths.

Cons

Sociopaths fill these regional positions...just wait until the news airs the Emeritus story. there is a HUGE discrepancy between those unconscionable people in regional management and above , who work from home, yelling, belittling and name calling the minions while in their jammies drinking wine...and those who are expected to work 50 hours minimum away from their families for pennies. Disgusting work situations. It's like Hitler reviewing his job and telling the world the Jews are in a resort/spa and should be happy they are being fed so well.

Advice to Management

Don't post your review..you are a different animal than the real employees.

"I love what I do!"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Getting paid to work with Seniors, do the right thing everyday making a difference in peoples lives and living by the philosphy "Safely Somewhere" which means we will go visit Seniors still living at home to make sure they are safe, have meals, medications and help lined up if they need it. It is a very rewarding career! They also provide opportunities for growth if you are looking for it. It doesn't matter if you are a caregiver or housekeeper so will give you training and support!

Cons

I work long hours- but I choose to because I enjoy what I do so much! It is more like a calling than a job.

Advice to Management

Continue to stand behind your committment to our Residents of "Our Family is Comitted to Yours" as our residents come first! And encouraging us all to live by the golden rule of doing to others as we would like done to us! If some employees don't believe this or think it isn't being done this is not due to management standing in your way it is because you are not doing it and are looking for someone to blame.