Emeritus Senior Living - Truly committed to both residents and employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"Truly committed to both residents and employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A truly dedicated and caring group of people; everyone is committed to making a positive difference in the lives of seniors and in the lives of employees. The demands of personal lives are accommodated with ease -- everyone is encouraged to take care of what needs taking care of. People interested in moving up in the organizaiton are encouraged and mentored to reach their goals. Best employment experience of my life!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

1. "Definitely melting away the aquired callus of Corporate life"

Current Employee - Analytics in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Analytics in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have represented Emeritus for just over two months. During this time, I have gained greater insight and respect into the "activities of daily living" that our beautifully seasoned society members live. Becoming aware of both their challenges and lifestyle has allowed me to absorb a greater understanding into the outstanding work our Community Family members provide day in and day out. Without a doubt they are truely committed to making sure that Seniors continue their life journey with dignity and respect, not to mention making it fun and sociable. Emeritus is slowly melting away the years of acquired corporate callus growth thus allowing me to once again sharpen my career sword and feel good about coming to work because it DOES make a difference in my life and of course the lifes of our wonderful residents! If you truely care about feeling good about what you do to make the lifes of others better, Emeritus is the place for you!

Cons

Parking can be a bit tough in the area

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow as a corporation, NEVER loose sight of the "home town" feel and committment to enriching the lives of our Seniors. It is a value that I have seen dulled in past Corporate life and no matter how much it is glossed over, eventually it does hurt bottom line. The respect for others and genuine care that I currently experience in my workplace is one of the joys that allows me to continue to bring on my best and sharpen that dulled sword of putting up the good fight (one for all!) ensuring that we embrace each and every Senior in our care as we walk along side their journey!

2. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time

Pros

I have had the opportunity to work at a community as well as at the home office and both experiences were great! The company culture is unlike any other company I have ever worked for. Co-workers are so encouraging and caring. This company has a large opportunity for growth and you are recognized for your hard work. If you have a big heart and want to work for a community that really makes a difference, Emeritus is the place for you!

Cons

No cons at this time.