Emeritus Senior Living - Best company I've ever worked for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"Best company I've ever worked for."

Current Employee - Training & Development in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Training & Development in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked for Emeritus for 7+ years and have worked my way up from an ED position at a community to a national role with the home office. It is by far the best company culture I've ever had the honor of working in and the company truly is a "family". I've never had to question the focus and direction of our leadership - the message has consistently been "Do the right thing for our residents and employees. Every day." The company is progressive and is committed to smart growth that will enable wonderful development opportunities for the employees while providing the type of care that I would want for my own mother.

Cons

I really don't have any cons. One of the other great things that Emeritus has started over the past year is an Individual Development Planning process which opens the conversation with our supervisor to plan our own career growth. If there is a con, I guess it would be that I wish this process had been around 7 years ago.

Advice to Management

Never lose your ability to be real people who truly listen and are interested in your employees. I'm so proud to work for a Senior Leadership team that exhibits such egoless clarity.

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"Who could ask for anything more?! Really?!"

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Career Growth
    - Innovative Resources to drive personal and professional success
    - Amazing culture - When we say Our Family is Committed to Yours...WE MEAN IT
    - Great team, I truly find value in our collaborative work environment

Cons

That more people haven't join such an amazing, supportive and resident focused organization.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay the course from our focus on resident and family needs to employee development...Emeritus Leaders...you are doing a mighty fine job! This is all inclusive...not just Executive level, but our Directors at the communities. The dedication and integrity witnessed every day, truly makes me proud to be an Emeritan.

2. "Truly committed to both residents and employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A truly dedicated and caring group of people; everyone is committed to making a positive difference in the lives of seniors and in the lives of employees. The demands of personal lives are accommodated with ease -- everyone is encouraged to take care of what needs taking care of. People interested in moving up in the organizaiton are encouraged and mentored to reach their goals. Best employment experience of my life!

Cons

None that I can think of.