Emeritus Senior Living - Love the people i work with and the work I do, but the cooperation exploits employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"Love the people i work with and the work I do, but the cooperation exploits employees."

Current Employee - Cook in Conway, AR
Current Employee - Cook in Conway, AR

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It usually takes a certain type of person to work at a senior living home; I've really enjoyed the people I work with. The residents usually make for an exciting day. It's nice to get off early (1:30p for morning shift, and 7p for night shift), relative to other cooking positions I've worked. Love the work environment. And of course, I've really enjoyed the cooking. My boss is awesome.

Cons

I speak on behalf of my co workers when I say that the pay is poor. Firing policies are poor. Very little opportunity for advancement and raises. When they do give raises, which are very rare, they are literally cents. They function on a "skeleton shift", meaning they only employ the minimum amount of people it takes to cover all the shifts. Being called in on your days off is not uncommon.

Advice to Management

Directed towards the Emeritus Coorperation, and not the manager of the home that i work at : Taking care of your employees will increase the quality of care for the residents.

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"Family Values"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Painted Post, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Painted Post, NY

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Emeritus supports the growth of their employees and wants to make a difference every day in the lives of the seniors entrusted th their care. They allow you to grow and learn.

Cons

It's always hard working in an industry where, unfortunately, the ones you care for and love pass away.

Advice to Management

Continue to move forward and grow. Keep doing right by the residents, their families, and the employees.

Emeritus Senior Living Response

Jun 3, 2014 – Recruiting Project Specialist

Thank you for your review!

2. "Pleasant enviroment, teams work a must, plenty of activities for the residents and family members."

Current Employee - Caregiver in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Enjoy assistaning the elderly in their daily activities dressing,bathing,eating and clothing.

Cons

Not enought worker @ times

Advice to Management

Consider your hard devoted workers