Emeritus Senior Living - Its a steady paycheck | Glassdoor

"Its a steady paycheck"

Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Snohomish, WA
Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Snohomish, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work with nice people

Cons

It is very stressful sometimes

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees more

Oct 10, 2013 – Recruiting Project Specialist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your work as a Resident Assistant and understand it can be stressful at times.

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"Very Disappointing"

Former Employee - Resident Care Director in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Resident Care Director in Orlando, FL

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Because the company is so large, there is access to resources and people that can provide great learning experience.

Cons

The management, particularily on the regional level, are very short sighted and laser focused on one thing.....profit. Trying to provide clinical support services, (Nursing), in this environment is simply impossible. They have lots of written policies that they are quick to point to, however, neither the expertise or resources are provided to follow those policies. Chronic short staffing and labor hour reductions are just the beginning of the serious problems that exist in this company.

Advice to Management

Spend some real, non judgmental time with the staff and accept the fact that the "Expectations" are not attainable; Then do something about it !

Nov 21, 2013 – Recruiting Project Specialist

Thank you for all the information you provided in this review. We appreciate your insight as a Resident Care Director. I would highly encourage you to share your feedback with our third party ... More

"Negative"

Former Employee - Medication Technician in Commerce, GA
    Former Employee - Medication Technician in Commerce, GA

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with the residents, knowing you helped someone. I felt accomplished at the end of the day. I really truly cared for my residents.

Cons

Management is terrible. They never bothered to help you. Overworked and underappreciated employees.They would stab you in the back in a heartbeat. I never ever recommend someone working here. The pay was awful. I definitely didn't work there for the pay. Terrible company to work for. The founder should be ashamed. It's all about the money with this place. I wouldn't be surprised if someone was smuggling money.

Advice to Management

You all need training. None of you know what you're doing. I would never ever put my family member in this facility. Corporate doesn't seem to care either. I have nothing good to say, except that I loved my residents.

Nov 21, 2013 – Recruiting Project Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write this and for your passion for seniors. Any feedback you're able to share with us via our third party anonymous system, Ethics First would be much appreciated ... More