Emeritus Senior Living - I loved working for this company, very caring and sensitive to the needs of Seniors! | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"I loved working for this company, very caring and sensitive to the needs of Seniors!"

Former Employee - Concierge in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Concierge in Denver, CO

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned a great deal about the industry.

Cons

As with most companies geared towards care for the elderly , the pay is not that great.

Advice to Management

I think the management structure is great and there is always oportunities to grow in this company.

Emeritus Senior Living Response

Oct 10, 2013 – Recruiting Project Specialist

We’re so happy to hear you enjoyed working for our company as a Concierge. Thank you for your review.

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"Very Dissatisified"

Former Employee - Business Office Director in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Business Office Director in Portland, OR

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The residents are amazing and full of wonderful stories and knowledge.

Cons

VERY LOW PAY!!! Regional and Corporate Management are only interested in their bonus and salary. The company motto should be "Whatever it takes to get the room filled without care of what is best for the senior or the community" The company takes good caring staff and drains them until they have nothing left to offer. They over work all staff and only want to give a small 2% raise (which is almost nothing when considering the low wages).

Advice to Management

Follow your own "Family Values"

Emeritus Senior Living Response

Nov 19, 2013 – Recruiting Project Specialist

I've passed these serious concerns on to the appropriate people to be looked in to. I highly encourage you to also share this information with our third party anonymous system, Ethics First so that... More

2. "It all depends from where you look at it...."

Current Employee - Executive Director
    Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At the community level, most staff are dedicated and try to do their best with limited budgets. Emeritus hires people who care.

Cons

Staffing is at a minimum, always, no matter how high your census or how much revenue you are pulling in. Divisional VP always sending down message to put your community on a spending freeze at the end of each quarter to inflate numbers.

Advice to Management

Emeritus would do much better if they actually used the budgets they made us prepare each year. Unlike other large A.L.'s, Emeritus refuses to give communities a clear capex budget each year, so communities become run down. Create a staffing formula and actually use it.