Emeritus Senior Living - I love my job. Taking care of our residents is our #1 goal. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"I love my job. Taking care of our residents is our #1 goal."

Current Employee - CRD in Hattiesburg, MS
Current Employee - CRD in Hattiesburg, MS

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Never a hesitation to getup and go in the morning. We have a great team.

Cons

Sometimes the hours are long but worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep putting the residents first.

Emeritus Senior Living Response

Jun 3, 2014 – Recruiting Project Specialist

Thank you for your review!

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"Unethical Greedy Company"

Former Employee - Executive Director in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary and good people to work with daily at the individual property level.

Cons

This is a national company on the stock market. They expect sales, sales, sales on a weekly basis and to boost profits any way possible. I was an Executive Director and could only tolerate their practices for 2 months before I quit. You are monitored by a regional team of directors who can come in and manage your property over you at any time if they think you are doing something that could affect them getting their bonuses. They do not value customers or residents at an individual level, only what they can make off of them. It was an ethical nightmare and I would not place my family member in this profit-driven atmosphere. If you are unsure, just look at their turnover rate for management in your local paper. Make sure you research this company well before you get on board.

Advice to Management

Your business practices are unethical and you can still be a profitable company if you remember that healthcare can make money while still providing excellent care. The greed of the upper management and those at regional levels for big bucks should be investigated further than the PBS investigative report done in 2013 exposing the "shut the back door" business model to ensure you squeeze every resident for cash. These are humans....

"The residents were wonderful, the employees however were not."

Former Employee - CNA/RA/MED TECH in Glastonbury, CT
    Former Employee - CNA/RA/MED TECH in Glastonbury, CT

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working with the residents at Emeritus. They really looked forward to seeing you every day and always had interesting stories to tell you.

Cons

If you were dissatisfied with another employees shortcomings (ie; sleeping on the job or abusive to residents), the directors would write YOU up and the person who they were investigating, make you both sit in the same room together and then that person would make your life a living hell from that point on.
    Other employees wouldn't answer pagers or phones.
    Most of the employees (CNA) couldn't speak English, or fill out simple paperwork.

Advice to Management

INVESTIGATE CLAIMS! if another valued employee makes serious claims, INVESTIGATE! I quit on the basis of INTEGRITY, YOUR COMPANY HAS NONE!!!!