Emeritus Senior Living - Unethical Greedy Company | Glassdoor

"Unethical Greedy Company"

Former Employee - Executive Director in Lubbock, TX
Former Employee - Executive Director in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary and good people to work with daily at the individual property level.

Cons

This is a national company on the stock market. They expect sales, sales, sales on a weekly basis and to boost profits any way possible. I was an Executive Director and could only tolerate their practices for 2 months before I quit. You are monitored by a regional team of directors who can come in and manage your property over you at any time if they think you are doing something that could affect them getting their bonuses. They do not value customers or residents at an individual level, only what they can make off of them. It was an ethical nightmare and I would not place my family member in this profit-driven atmosphere. If you are unsure, just look at their turnover rate for management in your local paper. Make sure you research this company well before you get on board.

Advice to Management

Your business practices are unethical and you can still be a profitable company if you remember that healthcare can make money while still providing excellent care. The greed of the upper management and those at regional levels for big bucks should be investigated further than the PBS investigative report done in 2013 exposing the "shut the back door" business model to ensure you squeeze every resident for cash. These are humans....

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"The residents were wonderful, the employees however were not."

Former Employee - CNA/RA/MED TECH in Glastonbury, CT
    Former Employee - CNA/RA/MED TECH in Glastonbury, CT

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working with the residents at Emeritus. They really looked forward to seeing you every day and always had interesting stories to tell you.

Cons

If you were dissatisfied with another employees shortcomings (ie; sleeping on the job or abusive to residents), the directors would write YOU up and the person who they were investigating, make you both sit in the same room together and then that person would make your life a living hell from that point on.
    Other employees wouldn't answer pagers or phones.
    Most of the employees (CNA) couldn't speak English, or fill out simple paperwork.

Advice to Management

INVESTIGATE CLAIMS! if another valued employee makes serious claims, INVESTIGATE! I quit on the basis of INTEGRITY, YOUR COMPANY HAS NONE!!!!

"it is a crap show"

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the residents I guess. no one else makes that place worth a darn.

Cons

everything, the pay, lack of professionalism, no concern for their seniors, nursing director does not even know how to type up a darn schedule- she claims to be so smart but yet, she cannot even get herself together. place is going down hill fast.

Advice to Management

hire competent people, stop hiring managers that are not qualified.