Emeritus Senior Living - Upper management bring us down | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"Upper management bring us down"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing in Seattle, WA

Pros

A lot of support at corporate office

Cons

VP of Ops was a nightmare

Advice to Management

Do not allow VP to treat employees like pieces of trash

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"This company is just a complete joke!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

The residents themselves...they are the only reason I stay dedicated to my job.

The benefits are o.k., at least they are an option as some companies do not even offer this.

Cons

Gee, where do I start. The management definitely does not live by the company's "mission statement" and their bottom line is all about money. Also, cheating employees out of their pay by constantly cutting back everyone's hours for instance, forcing some to take 45 minute breaks is ridiculous and wrong. The management is constantly scrambling to get things done at the last minute and the lack of communication is just unbelievable. I feel like I am going to kindergarten everyday I walk into work.

Advice to Management

If you are going dictate rules and regulations you need to apply the rules to everyone. When you don't enforce rules and it is all talk and speculation it produces employees who could care less about their job.

""it's impossible to feel appreciated working for emeritus, they work you to burn out and do not compensate with salary""

Current Employee - Med Tech in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Med Tech in Fredericksburg, VA

Pros

really just for the residents you encounter, they are what keeps me working at this facility

Cons

the pay is not competitive with other facilities in the area, senior management is awful and if you have a problem at work nobody helps you fix it.. being a part of the nursing staff, we have no such thig as team work and are rarely recognized for what we do. also the benefits package is a joke and its impossible to see a raise in pay.

Advice to Management

to take more problems seriously and step up and deal with some of the issues with families that nursing is not qualified to handle such as finances, and also to support staff and honor them.