Emeritus Senior Living - Med Tech | Glassdoor

"Med Tech"

Pros

Great management, coworker, and environment.

Cons

Hourly wage, and angry customerss

Jun 3, 2014 – Recruiting Project Specialist

We're glad to hear you enjoy your management team, coworkers and work environment. Please feel free to share any information and feedback with Ethics First (where you can still remain anonymous if... More

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"Just when You Thought"

Former Employee - Management (Not Seattle] in South Florida, FL
    Former Employee - Management (Not Seattle] in South Florida, FL

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having left this company due to moral reasons the news that Emeritus was out and Brookdale were the new owners I thought at last that the abuse as administered to the residents and their families was over.

Cons

With Brookdale taking over in August changes are already being implemented the first of which is to cut back on budgets, staff, and upgrade barely minimum wage and language challenged the CNA's to the status of med techs. Absolutely unconscionable.

Advice to Management

Will it take an exposé to the magnitude of the V.A. debacle before the government wakes up to the fact that contrary to corporate myopic financial indiscretions that this is another example of abuse.

Jun 9, 2014 – Recruiting Project Specialist

We appreciate your review and take your feedback very seriously. We would be interested in getting more information from you, specifically related to the abuse of residents and their families. I... More

2. "Management is unprofessional and with priorities not based around patient care, but based around making $$"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Dimas, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Dimas, CA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living part-time

Pros

The licensed nurses and CNAs are amazing, a great group of people that care about their patients. Work environment is clean and the facility is beautiful.

Cons

Management FORBIDS any kind of overtime, you get written up even if you do 30 minutes overtime no matter the situation. Staff turnover is really high, very difficult to call out sick, staff have been told they cannot call out sick because there is no one to cover. Very toxic work environment from the management.

Advice to Management

Get priorities straight, as a licensed nurse you can also help on the floor if need be, allot overtime if you want to provide optimum care, get adequate staff so that if someone calls off it isnt complete chaos.

Jun 3, 2014 – Recruiting Project Specialist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to share it with us through Ethics First. You can find a link to Ethics First on the Emeritus Glassdoor page under "Emeritus... More