Emeritus Senior Living - Rewarding job | Glassdoor

"Rewarding job"

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Taking care of the residents. We become their family and we are there for them

Cons

Low pay and big turn over of employees which makes us short staffed often

Emeritus Senior Living Response

Jun 3, 2014 – Recruiting Project Specialist

We're happy to hear you enjoy working with your residents!

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"One Of the work experience in my life."

Former Employee - RCD in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - RCD in Allentown, PA

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was above average. Otherwise no other pros to speak of unless you like abuse. Stay away far away.

Cons

Expected to travel on a whim. I was expected to drive 5 hours one way work 8 and drive back home. On call 24/7 therefore no sleep. Long hours. Lack of respect from the corp office. Terminate employees on a weekly basis.

Advice to Management

Train your employees. Allow management to do their jobs. No manager can turn around a problem building in 6 months. Do not expect management to work 24/7. There needs to be a balance between work and family. Give the residents what they are paying for. Constant staff turn around is not good for the resident. Sell your buildings you should not be in business.

"There is a reason Brookdale bought Emeritus and not the other way around."

Current Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has no redeeming values. Its all bait and switch. Its all about the Benjamin's. And its all smoke and mirrors. Our family is committed to take every last dollar our of your families pocket and provide little or no service in exchange.

Cons

They keep moving around the same losers. If you fail here, no problem, we will move you someplace else. Most regional personal are unqualified sycophants just looking to keep there job. The executive directors have a lifespan of less then 18 months. constant turnover of losers. managers have zero say in how best to run there local communities. its a cookie cutter mentality that does not work. The pay is horrendous, the raises are laughable and most employees cannot afford the benefits so emeritus makes out on both ends.

Advice to Management

You suck and most of you will be fired when brookdale takes over. But, don't worry because this industry feeds off the same losers so you will pop up somewhere else. People things wont change unless we get some government regulation going here. lots of money is being spent by families trying to do what's best for there loves ones. They can pay upwards up $6000 per month only to have $5.00 per day food and non-English speaking $9.00 per hour person taking care of there loved one. If you must put your loved one in an assisted living facility go to a non-for-profit community. STAY AWAY FROM FOR PROFIT COMMUNITIES.