Emerson - Stodgy Emerson is a Safe Bet. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Emerson

"Stodgy Emerson is a Safe Bet."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

It is a stable job environment.

Cons

Top management is very competent but there's a big layer of middle management that is totally clueless. And they coast by, year in, year out.

Advice to Management

Look to your middle managers. What is the value they are bringing to Emerson?

Other Employee Reviews for Emerson

1. "Liebert: A global industry leader and a great place to work, but it could still use a little work itself."

Former Employee - Customer Engineer in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

Excellent freedom of schedule (your schedule is mostly planned by you). The work is not boring (many different sites and customers).

Cons

The management is a bit out of touch with the technicians/job sites. They look too deeply into productivity numbers without actually understanding what they really indicate or what it is like to work in a specific area (especially true for large cities like L.A., N.Y., S.F., etc.).

Advice to Management

Try to get more information from the field workers rather than looking at stats and numbers.

2. "It's just a job."

Current Employee - Engineer in Harmans, MD
    Current Employee - Engineer in Harmans, MD

Pros

It's a place to work, and sometimes you feel good when you help a customer.

Cons

It's a job, it can be a career, but it's just a job. Also, none of the managers seem to care when you're doing well. They only care when something bad is happening. I've been used as a scapegoat, when I was forced to make a decision because my manager wouldn't. If I cared more about my job, I may be pissed.

Advice to Management

I mentioned this when I first came to the company. There's no effort to build a family within the company. When I go to work I'de like to want to see the people I work with, but that's not how it is. Also it would be nice to get some positive feedback when a good job is being done.