Emerson - Best company I ever worked for. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Emerson

"Best company I ever worked for."

Current Employee - Sales and Service Representative in Danbury, CT
Current Employee - Sales and Service Representative in Danbury, CT

I have been working at Emerson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay was good, the work was fun and I worked with a great group of people. I would recommend it. I was really disappointed when I was laid-off.

Cons

There weren't really a lot of negatives, just that there is heavy travel and miles on your car. Otherwise it was really good.

Advice to Management

Let people know what is going on.

Other Employee Reviews for Emerson

1. "Field service eng."

I have been working at Emerson full-time

Pros

I am my on boss

Cons

pay is way to low

"Good Company - Friendly People - Unfortunate Compensation"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Marshalltown, IA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Marshalltown, IA

I have been working at Emerson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Except for a few exceptions majority of the areas are well run by managers that are willing to not only develop and grow their own area but also willing to work with other areas. The company is generally willing to train their employees as necessary. Friendly people and it's not unusual to find multiple people from varying departments working together to reach root causes. Great balance of work life vs. family life. The Marshalltown area is very bike friendly on roads and as well as their well managed bike and hiking path.

Cons

Raises have been underwhelming as they tend to hover near inflation rates. No bonuses outside of the Christmas bonus which is low enough that it seems pointless to cash the check each year. There doesn't seem to be any accountability for low performers. It's not uncommon to find these individuals passed around from department to department left to stagnate in the area they are left in... kind of like hot potato. The Marshalltown area can be a bore and it's reputation in the surrounding area is not very good.

Advice to Management

For those that are doing a good job, keep it up. For those that aren't, please do everyone a favor and alter your career path so that those that actually exceed in leadership roles can step in.