Emirates - The Best Airline in the World | Glassdoor

"The Best Airline in the World"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Emirates full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Innovative, Leader in outstanding Customer Service, onboard product is outstanding, great employees and best in Marketing. I'm proud to be an employee.

Cons

Growth has been so fast that many employees in headquarters have trouble adapting to a big company operation from having been a small/mid sized. My experience has been very long work hours coupled with high expectations from senior management with little support to achieve. This creates 'burn out' among staff.

Advice to Management

High expectations are great but make sure that work is evenly distributed within employee groups. Also respect employees days off and vacation time rather than expecting responses 7 days a week whether on or off duty.

Emirates2018-06-10
  1. "Emirates airline"

I worked at Emirates full-time

Pros

Was an amazing airline to work for , great staff , amazing passengers . I do hope that one day I can work with that again .

Cons

Not enough hours , around the time I was working there was only 2 flights coming in to the Boston Logan airport & it was out morning flight & night flight

Advice to Management

Great management, just need to be a little more organized

Emirates2019-05-21
  2. "Stay away"

I worked at Emirates full-time

Pros

Medical insurance is good. $5 co pay.

Cons

Where do I begin. Throw away the leaders in the NY office and hire new staff. The culture is stifling; it will suck the life out of you. Leadership are micro managers. Processes are outdated which makes it difficult to do your job efficiently. Hiring practices are discriminatory. Diversity in leadership is pretty nonexistent. This place is stressful. Lacking in transparency, communication, diversity, work life balance,...

Advice to Management

Hire better leaders.

Emirates2019-05-05

Discover more reviews about Emirates.