Empirica - Worst company I have ever seen. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Empirica

"Worst company I have ever seen."

Former Employee - Unit Manager/Mudlogger in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Unit Manager/Mudlogger in Houston, TX

I worked at Empirica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only good thing is they have a lot of work. They will give anyone a shot to try to work. You can take off when you need or want to.

Cons

Everything. They kept sending me green night hands that have never seen a rig. I worked several overtime hours training these people with no extra incentives, and I had to eat those hours, they wouldn't pay them. The pay scale is ridiculous, if you tell them you make this much at McDonalds, they'll pay it regardless of experience. The experience guys that just changed companies are getting paid much less. Extremely micro managed. Overall worst experience I have ever had. I worked for them for 6 months. I have been a mudlogger for 10 years.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the morons. Pay the good guys, lose the trash. Get ready, 10 more decent guys are leaving soon.

Other Employee Reviews for Empirica

1. "Excellent working environment with limitless growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Empirica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional work environment, true "team" atmosphere, not micro-managed or overwhelmed by bureaucracy, senior management very receptive to new ideas, opportunities for both personal and professional growth, very good work/personal-life balance, integrity and ethics are highly valued.

Cons

No cons other than the normal fire drills that occur within a rapidly growing organization. Some personnel may have difficulty in accepting changes but management does a good job of communicating the rational behind the changes.

2. "Good place to start a career"

Pros

Company has good training and are pretty flexible with the scheduling. Usually gone for a few weeks and then home for a while.

Cons

Sometimes holidays are a must.